Yippee tracked down a creak.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
;) An annoying creak has been irritating me for a while now.Sounded like it was coming from the headset but after much piddling about it wasnt.

Pedals took the blame next,stripping and cleaning them passed a happy hour but still creaking.

Finally fixed it, took out seat post cleaned both bits regreased and no creak.:biggrin: Why dont I do the easy things first??:becool:

rh100

Banjo said:
;) An annoying creak has been irritating me for a while now.Sounded like it was coming from the headset but after much piddling about it wasnt.

Pedals took the blame next,stripping and cleaning them passed a happy hour but still creaking.

Finally fixed it, took out seat post cleaned both bits regreased and no creak.:biggrin: Why dont I do the easy things first??:becool:

Wouldn't be any fun that way :smile:

C

chillyuk

I have never greased a seatpost in my life and never had a creaky one.

Isn't progress marvellous.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
You don't have to, but the point of doing it can become apparent if you don't move it for a few years and then need to...

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
chillyuk said:
I have never greased a seatpost in my life and never had a creaky one.

Isn't progress marvellous.

There was assembly grease on it from new so must be a reason for it I suppose.I have heard of people having great trouble with stuck seat posts on ally bikes.

Banjo said:
There was assembly grease on it from new so must be a reason for it I suppose.I have heard of people having great trouble with stuck seat posts on ally bikes.

More often it's stuck alloy seatposts on steel bikes.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I don't grease my seatpost.....mines carbon ;)

Top Bottom