yippeeeeee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I heard today that my tremulous request for a month off next summer to go cycling has been GRANTED ;):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The husband has yet to even ASK permission, let alone grant it, but boys and girls, come what may, I'M GOING CYCLE TOURING NEXT SUMMER....

YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

friedel

Cathryn said:
I heard today that my tremulous request for a month off next summer to go cycling has been GRANTED ;):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The husband has yet to even ASK permission, let alone grant it, but boys and girls, come what may, I'M GOING CYCLE TOURING NEXT SUMMER....

YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwww! Now the hard question.... where are you going??????

Brock

Fantastic news Cathryn, something to look forward to. Maybe in the new year he should get some serious hill training in, so he stands a chance of keeping up with you? :biggrin:

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It's been on a spreadsheet since May!! Going from Toulouse, over the Alps (she says, casually) to Geneva, through Switzerland and into Austria, ending in Salzburg.

I'm seriously excited. I've not allowed myself to buy the maps until permission was given..so tonight I'm off to the map shop. What a great Christmas present!

ho ho ho

trio25

Über Member
That sounds fab.

will

Cycling Across Switzerland

Hello Cathryn

Congratulations on booking the time.

Are you aware of the Swiss National Cycling routes? Basically 9 routes that cross the country. WONDERFULLY signposted and usually choosing great roads.

They range from almost IMPOSSIBLY challenging to fairly flat (flat for Switzerland at least)

http://www.cycling-in-switzerland.c...routes/view_9routes/sub_frameset_9routen.html

Warning, this second link is a PDF file. But it gives a VERY clear summary (in English) of each of the 9 national routes.

http://www.cycling-in-switzerland.ch/pdf/Flyer_e_A4.pdf

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Great stuff, Cathryn. You'll have a great time. mrs rich p and I did a 5 week trip from Calais to Bologna last year and despite my reservations it wasn't nearly long enough! You'll not want to come home, I'm sure.
Are you camping, YHing or hotels?

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hi

Three days on and I'm still overexcited :becool:

Will - thanks for all that info. Yes, i've used that website and we'll be following the Lakes Route 9 for a week or so. I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks also for that website you sent me about the du leman a la med route...very useful indeed.

Rich - we're going to be B&Bing. I know it's lightweight but we love the soft beds, warm showers and good breakfasts. It makes touring more fun :biggrin:

OH I'm excited. Might well start buying maps tomorrow so I can spend Christmas day poring over them.

Happy Christmas everyone if I don't post again
x

rich p

ridiculous old lush
We intended doing half and half but ended up camping 90% of the time. It was so nice being in the open air in the long evenings and breakfast in the mornings. I am a fair weather camper though generally and my wife had to talk me into trying it originally.
On the down side it does mean lugging more gear albeit as lightweight as poss.

Top Bottom