Yoga

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Anybody do it?

I went to my first session last night. It was difficult, challenging, calming and fun all at the same time.
At one point I was stood one footed on a purple rubber brick with my free leg wrapped round the back and side of the standing leg, whilst my arms were knotted into one another. My calves were screaming!

Toward the end I tried a head stand. Obviously I didn't get too far, but by Christmas I'll be able to do it standing on my head!

This was yoga 'flow', whatever that is. She links the session to a book, and reads quotes out during it. I dint quite get this bit, too new age for me. The book was Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh. Maybe the instructor knew I was coming?

I've been going once a week for 4 years. Don't do any of the extreme stuff but as an exercise for stretching and achieving a certain degree of suppleness, it is great.
Lot of fun and a good crowd. (It helps that most of them are girls!!)

screenman

Legendary Member
Anybody do it?

I went to my first session last night. It was difficult, challenging, calming and fun all at the same time.
At one point I was stood one footed on a purple rubber brick with my free leg wrapped round the back and side of the standing leg, whilst my arms were knotted into one another. My calves were screaming!

Toward the end I tried a head stand. Obviously I didn't get too far, but by Christmas I'll be able to do it standing on my head!

This was yoga 'flow', whatever that is. She links the session to a book, and reads quotes out during it. I dint quite get this bit, too new age for me. The book was Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh. Maybe the instructor knew I was coming?

The heavy breathing may have been a giveaway.

Top Bottom