Yoghurt moments...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Went shopping this morning, and among my purchases was a yoghurt for lunch -one of those with a portion of yoghurt, and a portion of chocolate coated crispy bits to mix in.

Walking home, I realised that the carton was swaying in my rucksack, knocking against another carton, and the crispy bits rattling. A sort of 'tick, tick, kerchusss', like a tiny percussion section in my bag...

Anyway, I just opened it, and bent the crispy bit holding section over to tip them into the yoghurt, and when they were nearly all out, the plastic gave suddenly with a crack, propelling a single cripsy bit across the room, hitting the telly and falling down the back of the sideboard.

My life is so full of incident.

LynnA

I had an incident a few years ago with a yogurt. I had gone to the bank to sign our mortgage papers and I placed my handbag on the chair behind my back. When the chap went off to photocopy some ID docs I pushed myself back in the chair and the suddenly realised that my bag was there - however before I could do anything the chap came back and asked me if he could take another copy of my passport (he had mislaid the last one) and as I put my hand in my bag the horror struck me as my hand slid into a raspberry Muller Light which had erupted like a volcano when I pushed back on the seat.

My hand came out covered, as did my passport, my purse, tissues - well you can guess how much stuff came out - we women carry everything in there! Oh how we laughed ;) He took me into the back so that I could wash everything - my handbag stank of raspberry yogurt for a long time afterwards.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Wow, I got off lightly with my single crispy bit escape - and it'll stay down the back of that sideboard until when/if I move...;)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Shut up you! ;) I'm just off to do some very very exciting laundry... I will put my Mumford and Sons CD on, to avoid listening to Any Answers.

Got my timing right today - out shopping first thing while the sun was out, now it's raining.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Speicher said:
:biggrin: So that's where Mickle lives then? :thumbsup:

Ah, you spotted that! Micklegate used to be known for the Micklegate Run, in which new Uni students would attempt to have a drink in every pub and bar on the street - I forget how many there were, but it was a lot. I think there are fewer now....

I haven't been to the Food Company yet, a colleague recommended it, but I have had one of their pasties, very good. The clever thing is that the stuff in the cafe is also for sale in the deli, so if you like something, you can buy more on the way out!

Arch said:
Ah, you spotted that! Micklegate used to be known for the Micklegate Run, in which new Uni students would attempt to have a drink in every pub and bar on the street - I forget how many there were, but it was a lot. I think there are fewer now....

I haven't been to the Food Company yet, a colleague recommended it, but I have had one of their pasties, very good. The clever thing is that the stuff in the cafe is also for sale in the deli, so if you like something, you can buy more on the way out!

I'd be trapped for ever in some sort of foodie Moebius Strip....

Top Bottom