York Press 20mph Zones Poll

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I just voted. (Yes).

Just now it's running at 39% yes, 60% no and 2% undecided.

(Why vote if you're undecided? Presumably that adds up to 101% only because of rounding errors).

Richard Mann

I just voted. (Yes).

Just now it's running at 39% yes, 60% no and 2% undecided.

(Why vote if you're undecided? Presumably that adds up to 101% only because of rounding errors).

Well it's "no", obvs. You want 20mph limits, not 20mph zones (much easier to implement, no extra humps, and the police won't mug you if you "forget")

Richard Mann

The (York) Press is rabidly anti-cyclist.

Why?

The Oxford press gives space to the antis, but also to the pros - strong debate sells papers. It's entertaining that the cyclists tend to be more coherent and reasonable in their views - it's almost a running joke. The editorial/establishment view is definitely pro-cycling, in a measured kinda way.

Poll closed now, so couldn't vote (but would have said yes). I live in one of the areas which is already due to get 20mph limits - I believe we're just getting signs rather than road humps, but that might be because the streets are so narrow that doing over 20 is nigh on impossible anyway!

martint235

Dog on a bike
I see it reported on Provisional wing of the CTC in action dealing with people walking on a cycle track :rolleyes:

That links to a serious sexual assault in York (???)

Just out of interest, I assume that when cyclists join in campaigns for 20mph limits they then stick to these limits themselves? My experiences of Greenwich Park, where there was a successful campaign to install a 20mph, shows that cyclists just completely ignore the limit.

Top Bottom