York Rally Jumble Sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Was there this morning when it opened with my girlfriend. It was busy but I've never been anywhere like it before with such a majority of rude punters.

My poor Mrs got pushed and shoved with rucksacks, helmets, bags as they tried to get a look at the 'bargains' to be had. Some of them could have done with deodorant...

Was a good little gig but come on fellow cyclists, show a bit of consideration for your brothers (and sisters) - politeness and manners cost nothing.

byegad

Legendary Member
Yes, a dog eat dog situation in there! Always was TBH. I don't bother with them these days as I have enough worn out junk in the shed without buying someone else's!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yes, a dog eat dog situation in there! Always was TBH. I don't bother with them these days as I have enough worn out junk in the shed without buying someone else's!
Sounds like my shed, I once built a bike up from all the knackered old crap useful spares in my shed to use as a 'pub bike' but then never rode it. The decent bits went onto a Raleigh Pursuit frame I came across for my then 14yr old Nephew (the frame was a beut, completely unmarked and really small so it was just the right size for Simon) with me swapping the crap frame I'd got over with the scrap man.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Manchester Velodrome one can be a bit of a squeeze too and but people are generally decent for such a cramped space. Theres an eclectic mix of new and vintage bits and some utter tat that is put out either for a very niche restoration job or with optimism far outstripping common sense.

Top Bottom