york rally the return

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markg0vbr

Über Member
my tour went up to grassing-ton back to York,down through goole. where they play bumper cars with the mobility scooters, could have been nasty, 23st of oap plus 8mph mobility scooter crunch. :evil: the Armour plating on the new panniers worked, some time was spent drinking cider at brandy warff before a unannounced return home to see what my lad has been up to.

the luggage works well (two peddle bins on the back and two skeing boot bags under the seat) the bins save the back end.

3tyretrackterry

take a photo of the peddle bins mark i have seen the boot bags also saw u on velovision report of York looks like good weather has been had up your end for last few days. we also need to arrange another trike outing soon

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
i will get the iconography out today (the imps that do the drawing have been a bit bolshie lately talking about demarcation, i blame the e-numbers in the paint)

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
http://www.ridefreebikemaps.com/how-to/how-to-make-your-own-panniers
i find it best to hold the bins in place then draw a line where the rack is.
this shows you a step by step.
i use straps with friction buckles, when fastened to the rack there bottom is level with the bottom of the boot bags. i spread the weight equally between the four this keeps all the load lowe down.
i had to do a emergency swerve around a car reversing out on to the main road, under full braking from thirty five mph, on a steep hill, i think the trike performed better at this with the load, with out i am shure i wuld have ended up slidind down the road on my side.

Top Bottom