York station...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
...on race day. Heaving with what Ross Noble once described so beautifully as "mutton dressed as pig".

Still, a gold mine for anyone looking to complete the I-spy book of ladies' hats.

Melvil

Like Ascot, then....

But interesting - you should have taken some pics, Arch!

bonj2

York station wouldn't look so bad if just one of the bikes parked there wasn't an absolute genuine work of crapola.

monnet

Guru
Arch said:
...on race day. Heaving with what Ross Noble once described so beautifully as "mutton dressed as pig".

Still, a gold mine for anyone looking to complete the I-spy book of ladies' hats.

Ross Noble, truly a comedy genius.

got-to-get-fit

i was at york station a few week ago with the wife and sprog.
we were waiting for our train when the sprog had just half finished a cornetto and the wife had gulped down a coffee that tasted like engine oil.
i took the 2 yr old looking for a bin to deposit said rubbish but couldnt find one anywhere. We stopped a policeman and asked where all the bins were? He said we dont have any since the IRA tried to blow one up a few years ago. He then said just chuck it on the floor, someone will pick it up eventually.
I looked at him as if he had just farted.

i thought he was having a laugh and was going to clap the cuffs on me as soon as the rubbish hit the ground.

anyway i plopped the half eaten ice cream on the floor and dropped the coffee cup next to it. he just smiled and walked away.

now im thinking what else could i have gotten away with????

knocking his hat off, peeing on the tracks, mugging a granny??

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yes, the lack of litter bins at stations is a bugbear of mine. After all, they have them on the trains. So instead of leaving a bomb to go off in an open space, where it might possibly not kill anyone, why not go one stop on the train, and put it somewhere where it can go off surrounded closely by people, on a vehicle travelling on rails at 100mph?

Anyway, now that terrorists are prepared to kill themselves, the whole unattended package/bin thing is a bit out of date...

Canrider

Guru
After all, they have them on the trains
Not to mention at airports.. :biggrin:
But then, you did choose to live in the UK, where people queue for buses and taxis but not for trains.

As for me, I got to walk aaaall the way out of York station (having just torn off half my toenail helping a young mother traveling with two toddlers detrain) so I could walk aaaall the way back in through the main entrance to purchase a ticket for my onward journey. Was there a crowd on hand? Of course not, but there were plenty of barriers.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Canrider said:
Not to mention at airports.. xx(
But then, you did choose to live in the UK,

Hmm, strictly speaking I just haven't chosen yet not to live here... I didn't have much choice initially...:biggrin:

got-to-get-fit

Arch said:
Hmm, strictly speaking I just haven't chosen yet not to live here... I didn't have much choice initially...:biggrin:

My best mate lives in york and so i visit quite a lot and i would love to live there. I think its one of the most beautiful cities in England and always has me gasping at its sights. Quite like the night life too, although they closed my fave nightclub recently.xx(

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
got-to-get-fit said:
My best mate lives in york and so i visit quite a lot and i would love to live there. I think its one of the most beautiful cities in England and always has me gasping at its sights. Quite like the night life too, although they closed my fave nightclub recently.:biggrin:

Yes you must've spotted Arch xx(

Top Bottom