York to Filey RTN

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I think the two main reasons I can ride longhe ron tour is that ther eis no option to stay put and I have somewher to aim for. At home those do not apply.

OP
OP
galaxy1

galaxy1

Bigtallfatbloke,yes indeed unless you want to stay put down a fairly deserted country lane then you have to keep going..it';s a bugger isn't it.I'm going to have to do some more now I'm pretty much back to normal:bicycle:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
galaxy1 said:
I don't usually do that kind of distance.I have a 16 mile round trip commute to work and thats about it but I found cycling to somewhere ,especially with someone is alot of fun.Vernon I'll check out mapmyride.com and also google maps .It's gonna be fun planning some routes .Does anyone know how to secure a tent to the pannier rack?I was thinking maybe sum netting.No idea where to get that stuff from though.

You ought to get a couple of OS maps of the immediate area around York and have a look for camp site locations.

I do a lot of audaxing in the area and there's certainly a lot of camp sites North Yorkshire that I've ridden past.

OP
OP
galaxy1

galaxy1

Good idea! I may give the dales a go .Theres a campsite in Keld (recommended) which I sometimes go to thats about 70 miles away.That or the moors.Theres quite alot of lovely countryside around here

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
galaxy1 said:
Good idea! I may give the dales a go .Theres a campsite in Keld (recommended) which I sometimes go to thats about 70 miles away.That or the moors.Theres quite alot of lovely countryside around here

Cycling to Keld might come as a bit of a shock - it's a lot harder than driving there ;) I know the area well as I used to live in Darlington and used the area as great playground. Every New year's Day for the past four years I have driven up to Reeth and then cycled to The Tan Hill Inn then back to Reeth through Keld and Gunnerside.

Seventy miles for your first foray with full camping gear might be a tad too much.

coopman

galaxy1 said:
Does anyone know how to secure a tent to the pannier rack?I was thinking maybe sum netting.No idea where to get that stuff from though.

I got a bungee cord from halfords, its just one cord but made up of 4 elastic bits whicg means you can spread it over the load to make it secure, worked a treat with my tent on the top of the rack. I use it all the time when im picking up small items from the shops, or to secure my rain jacket when the weather is dry.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...rumb_33980-31270-33993_parentcategoryrn_33993

Top Bottom