Yorkshire Dales Cycleway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Cathryn.

I have a friend who rode it last year. She's coming over for the day at the weekend so I'll try to remember to ask her about it.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Cathryn said:
Has anyone done this? Thinking about doing it over Easter but can't find a route map online and wondered if anyone else had done it and recommended it?

Been there done that. When's Easter? It can be cold - it was when I did it at Easter three or four years ago. It is a nice ride though it is a bit lumpy around Dent, Malham and over Park Rash between Kettlewell and Wensley.

Try here for your map.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Does it include the so called "midshires way"? In which case I've done some of the southern parts of this route. Some bits of which are fairly high quality for cycle tracks/bridleways.

vernon

marinyork said:
Does it include the so called "midshires way"? In which case I've done some of the southern parts of this route. Some bits of which are fairly high quality for cycle tracks/bridleways.

Nope.

The Midshires Way reaches up as far as Stockport which is quite a distance from the southern extremities of the Dales Cycle Way at Ilkley.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Thanks Colin and Vernon for the advice and picking your friend's brains. Easter is good because we have FOUR days off...bring it on. It's bound to be sunny and bright, even if it's a bit nippy!!

Cathryn said:
Thanks Colin and Vernon for the advice and picking your friend's brains. Easter is good because we have FOUR days off...bring it on. It's bound to be sunny and bright, even if it's a bit nippy!!

Cathryn, I'm a great admirer of your sunny optimism ;)

Off-topic, do you ever say anything gloomy or negative? I can't recall ever seeing a single post from you which was.

Danny

Legendary Member
I have an old guidebook covering the whole route, plus a Sustrans map which I think covers most of it.

You're welcome to borrow them.

vernon

Landslide said:
What's the route like? Is it the kind of terrain you could ride on an audax bike (23/25c tyres), or does it go a bit more rough-stuffy?

There's no off road stuff to worry about though you might be grateful for low gears in places.

Top Bottom