Yorkshire Dales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I don't think there is one, you can leave it periodically but you always end up back on it, AFAIK. I'd love to know a different route too, sometimes I'll go the long way round on my return journey, going right before Rylestone, right at the Hetton pub, onto Airton and back via Gargrave.

Hills Lane (!) between Hetton and Airton is an absolute ball breaker..

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Grassington, Hebden, Hartlington, Appletreewick, Barden Bridge, Halton Moor, Eastby, Embsay, Skipton.

Scenic, one tough climb.

Grassington to Skipton scenic route.jpg

Grassington, Hebden, Hartlington, Appletreewick, Barden Bridge, Halton Moor, Eastby, Embsay, Skipton.

Scenic, one tough climb.

View attachment 336557
I've taken three kids, laden with camping gear that way - in the other direction. First night camping for the lasses, both terrified of thunder and lightning. So ... what did we have, camped in Appletreewick? A right humdinger of a storm - and they loved it. Ah - happy memories! (And it means they've completely forgotten the climb :whistle:)

lpretro1

You can come back from Hetton over Barden Moor off road and then drop into Embsay - look on an OS mapo or something like bikehike

lpretro1

Was not sure if Barden moor was open to cyclists but would be a lot better having to use the B6265 it's horrendous
you can pick up a treack at south end of Cracoe (Chapel Lane) to Rylstone then short hop on road (0.5k) then bridleway across fields then turn up to obvious plantation and follow trackright over top heading east then south east. It's a rough & tough climb up past the plantation and then some lovely singletrack with little techy bits right across the top (care needed in wet weather!) then goes to a superb double track down t'other side that makes you grin! You come out on the back road to Embsay

Top Bottom