Yorkshire Tea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Should it be for folk only from Yorkshire, not allow anyone born outside this great County to get their mitts on it or do we allow them it so they can see what they're missing.
Also what sort of cake or biscuit should be served with a cup of Yorkshire Tea? Can any other county lay such a claim after them, tea made for & named after the county?

Yorkshire tea is xx(
Sorry!
But..... a welsh cake is a splendid thing with a cup of tea.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker

CP dons his interweb researcher's hat......
Lancashire Tea LTD started trading in April 2005. After spending thirty years within the tea industry some of the team felt it was time to go alone, and try to build a new brand.

Hmmmm...........?

I wonder what I can find out about Yorkshire Tea........
Our family business was founded in 1886 in Harrogate, one of the most beautiful towns in Yorkshire.

So we're comparing a product started a couple of weeks ago on an industrial estate in Burnley with a product whose lineage is traced back almost 150 years........

Next.......

tmesis

CP dons his interweb reasearcher's hat......

Hmmmm...........?

That's as maybe, but it definitely tastes better than Yorkshire Tea. You can even buy it in Yorkshire.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
That's as maybe, but it definitely tastes better than Yorkshire Tea. You can even buy it in Yorkshire.
Err....no.

Next time you drive over the M62 towards Huddersfield you may notice the little farm in the middle of the carriageways?

That was the old weighbridge on the A62 - a trading link road between lancashire and Yorkshire - that was then replaced by the M62 in 1995.

In the decades before the customs office shut, wagons of Lancashire tea would be stopped and weighed. Whilst the driver was being interrogated, his shipment of tea would be offloaded and scattered on the nearby moors, and replaced with sachets of (unmarked) Yorkshire tea.....

Now, you may notice when it rains heavily on the moors round there, that the becks and rivers confluent from the area run a brownish tinge? Well, my (now) learned chum, that is due to the 'tea scattering' as we call it....and we warn walkers/cyclists not to drink it, due to its foul, eggy, dour taste....

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
CP dons his interweb researcher's hat......

Hmmmm...........?

So we're comparing a product started a couple of weeks ago on an industrial estate in Burnley with a product whose lineage is traced back almost 150 years........

Next.......
Please return your passport as you leave The County.

ASC1951

Guru
Also what sort of cake or biscuit should be served with a cup of Yorkshire Tea? .
Neither. What you need - especially after a 50 miler round our God's Own County - is a Fat Rascal. Those sold by Betty's are particularly fine, but you have to eat them at home because Betty's is always rammed with old ladies getting their sugar fix. IIRC Betty's own Taylors, who make Yorkshire Tea.

alicat

Legendary Member
It's a name, that's all.

Nowt to get one's undergarments entwined over.

I agree. I can't stand the stuff. But then I again I can't make Yorkshire puddings so perhaps it's as well I emigrated to Staffordshire.

Top Bottom