Yorkshireman (eventually) spends some money

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

teeonethousand

Until yesterday I only had a very heavy Mtb that I bought for £50 from the local recycle shop. I typically do 20 miles ish per session 3 or 4 times a week and I do like off road tracks/trails etc. After a couple of months like this I noticed everyone else had a nicer bike and so made a list of the things I wanted ie M, not quill bars, bigger wheels, disc brakes, lighter…much lighter and, to me, something that I liked the look of. Second hand would do.
Having read almost all the advice on here I eventually concluded that all bikes of a similar type and price point we more or less similar to the amateur that I am and the needs that I have.
In the end I picked up a Scott Sub Cross 40 that had hardly, if ever, been used and the guy needed the garage space. Nice bike and after a few tweaks I used it this morning for my usual ride…it’s brilliant.

My advice having just gone through the buying experience is not to get hung up on brands and instead just get one that ticks the boxes, preferable at a bargain price.

si_c

Guru
A sensible purchasing strategy!

I did very much the same a few years ago with a road bike, I had a list of criteria I was looking for, with a couple of negotiables with a bit of waiting and keeping my eyes open got a pretty much unused bike for a very nice price.

Hopefully your new steed gives you thousands of miles of fun:okay:. Enjoy!

OP
OP
T

teeonethousand

Not posted picture before..hopefully this works
IMG_20220710_132604_809.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nice buy @teeonethousand . It's entry level but a good bike nonetheless especially as it's hardly been used. Looks like hydraulic brakes?
I've also been looking at a very similar Scott down here this week, a Voltage. Frame looks very similar to yours. I think Scott call them a 'Dirt Bike'

IMG-20220706-WA0000.jpg

OP
OP
T

teeonethousand

Yes @Cycleops they are hydraulic 😀 - I wanted discs because I have to remove front wheel to get bike inside my car back seat but hydraulic is a bonus. The bike you pictured looks a more aggressive off road bias than mine.…lower down tube, knobblier tyres, 26 wheels?. Good luck 👍

Top Bottom