You are all granted one wish..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

I wish for easy and cheap interplanetary travel. This will lead to the opening up of heaps of material resources and living space (in colonies) and will ease the horrible overpopulation / wealth struggle / conflict we have here at the moment.

(I would also be very easy to cycle in a 0.2g environment -200mile runs in a day? No worries!)

It's a bit unlikely, though!

col

Legendary Member
Blimey,if its not one thing eh?good luck with the interviews,im sure something will turn up for you.Your situation at the moment ,just goes to show how quickly things can be turned upside down,when we least expect it,im sure things will get better for you though.;)

stevenb

I have my health, my bike, my car, my job, my mates, my family and a roof over my head.....I would say I'm pretty lucky.....oh...and some beer in the fridge for later...;)
Wishing is one thing.....igotta get off my ++se and make it happen.
Cheers chap.

Melvil

Tetedelacourse said:
Good luck with interviews mate.

In the meantime I can't help but be amused at the juxtapositon of yours and Melvil's posts!

I fully admit to being a bit space cadet-y but since it's wishes, why not 'aim high'????

Tetedelacourse

Melvil said:
I fully admit to being a bit space cadet-y but since it's wishes, why not 'aim high'????

Not the wish itself that amused me but the fact that it followed Steven's tale of woe.;)

As soon as I learn how to harness mother nature, I'll begin wishing for interplanetary improvements too:smile:

stevenb

lol....I suppose we are contrasting a bit in our replies...;)

I can swim well actually...and I'm not a bad runner.

Maybe I should get into triathlon.......I wish I was 10 years younger...or could go back 10 years.:sad:

Tetedelacourse

Contrast. That's the word.

I wish I could cycle about 80 miles every day (only if it was decent weather) for the rest of my (hopefully long) life knowing that there was some good food, a hot shower and comfortable bed waiting for me.
Oh, I'd like to have a top-drawer tourer, but that's part of the wish, too! ;)

yenrod

stevenb said:
lol....I suppose we are contrasting a bit in our replies...:sad:

I can swim well actually...and I'm not a bad runner.

Maybe I should get into triathlon.......I wish I was 10 years younger...or could go back 10 years.:smile:

Times relative Steve - just do it man: laugh / cry through it...god dam it we are human - I've balled my eyes out on rides before now hills help as they make weeping definately difficult...good pair of s.glasses help too...! ;)

Its a siht of a pos. to be in !

I wish that when I'm staying at my girlfriends house her 25 year old sister's (female) friends wouldn't insist on kissing me on both cheeks and running round the place in their underwear. I'm going to do something very embarrassing if I'm not careful.

Melvil

Hover Fly said:
I wish that when I'm staying at my girlfriends house her 25 year old sister's (female) friends wouldn't insist on kissing me on both cheeks and running round the place in their underwear. I'm going to do something very embarrassing if I'm not careful.

What sweet agony...

Top Bottom