You have to smile.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Some great comments from Bruyneel on Cycling News this afternoon pasted below. It made me smile when he bigs up the Kazakh Cycling Federation this would be the organisation that gave a 12 month ban to Vinokourov instead of a mandatory 2 year ban leaving the door open for a ride at the Olympics.

Wonder what he would say if the Kazakh's tell him they want Vino back in Astana?

From Cycling News

Belgian Johan Bruyneel, who gained his eleventh career Grand Tour title in his first year as the Team's General Manager, stated that the Giro d'Italia was a significant victory for the Kazakh nation. "It is the mission of this team to foster national pride and I believe that the Giro d'Italia victory and the team's 2008 successes are major milestones for the country. All Kazakhs should be filled with pride knowing they have the best stage racing team in the world. This team is extremely motivated to win and will continue to represent Kazakhstan with class.
"I was touched as well by the support we got from fans from all over the world, many coming from Kazakhstan. The people there followed us. Kazakh television came to the Giro. The popularity of the sport will continue to grow there, and wasn't that the big purpose of the sponsoring initiative of Minister Danial Akhmetov? When cycling sport in Kazakhstan continues to evolve like it does now, the Kazakh Cycling Federation and country President Nursultan Nazarbayev may maybe dream of a future Kazakh big Tour winner."

yenrod

..with assistance help from the ministry ! ???????

briank

How about, "When cycling sport in Britain continues to evolve like it does now British Cycling and Prime Minister(suit yourself;)) may maybe dream of a future British big Tour winner"
I'll vote for the politician with dreams like that.

Top Bottom