You just can't make it up....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Looking at two of our fairly new colleafues...
One has/had a relatively old BMW, currently has an even older Astra. My third colleague (not one of these two) says on his way home, this Astra always passes him on the A1 like a scolded cat, must be doing 90mph , foot to the floor every time. Recently same guy got 5, yes 5 speeding tickets in one day :eek: . He seems to have got away with it for now because he has a Polish licence...I sincerely hope not for the publics sake. Within days, he got stopped by site security , for driving too fast through the estate so he's not learning At some stage he let a friend borrow his BMW, who promptly lost control and put it through a neighbours fence. Not insured, colleague had to pay for repairs to fence.
He's a nice fella to talk to but his driving standards and style is unbelievable.

Second colleague, remarkably interesting fella in some ways, very inventive, has his old van running on spent engine oil. It does work, apparently his back yard has barrels and barrels of the stuff stored there. Trouble is his van can be a pig to start making him often late for work. He also has a temporary 'fuel' tank bungee corded in the back if the van. So last week his van broke down/ wouldn't start so he used his other SORN'd car to go get some spares...and was almost immediately picked up by the Police (ANPR equipped car drove past him) caught for no MOT, no insurance, car siezed, now to get the car back, it won't be released until he insures it and gets it booked in for an MOT, plus its costing him £20 day storage. He then spent £80 on a taxi to go to Leicester to buy a car...not sure in all of Peterborough there wouldn't have been something he could buy but what do I know ? Now he faces a fine for the driving offences.

They're nice guys in many ways, very personable, interesting but Jesus...if they worked half as hard doing it right instead if wrong, they'd be better off and the roads would be a lot safer.
Disaster seems to follow them at every corner....:laugh:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
There are always people like that

Looking at two of our fairly new colleafues...
One has/had a relatively old BMW, currently has an even older Astra. My third colleague (not one of these two) says on his way home, this Astra always passes him on the A1 like a scolded cat, must be doing 90mph , foot to the floor every time. Recently same guy got 5, yes 5 speeding tickets in one day :eek: . He seems to have got away with it for now because he has a Polish licence...I sincerely hope not for the publics sake. Within days, he got stopped by site security , for driving too fast through the estate so he's not learning At some stage he let a friend borrow his BMW, who promptly lost control and put it through a neighbours fence. Not insured, colleague had to pay for repairs to fence.
He's a nice fella to talk to but his driving standards and style is unbelievable.

Second colleague, remarkably interesting fella in some ways, very inventive, has his old van running on spent engine oil. It does work, apparently his back yard has barrels and barrels of the stuff stored there. Trouble is his van can be a pig to start making him often late for work. He also has a temporary 'fuel' tank bungee corded in the back if the van. So last week his van broke down/ wouldn't start so he used his other SORN'd car to go get some spares...and was almost immediately picked up by the Police (ANPR equipped car drove past him) caught for no MOT, no insurance, car siezed, now to get the car back, it won't be released until he insures it and gets it booked in for an MOT, plus its costing him £20 day storage. He then spent £80 on a taxi to go to Leicester to buy a car...not sure in all of Peterborough there wouldn't have been something he could buy but what do I know ? Now he faces a fine for the driving offences.

They're nice guys in many ways, very personable, interesting but Jesus...if they worked half as hard doing it right instead if wrong, they'd be better off and the roads would be a lot safer.
Disaster seems to follow them at every corner....:laugh:

I keep catching Police Interceptors on TV at odd hours - you see people getting pulled over with weapons in the car, driving dangerously, being threatening to the public and the police and then they inform you they got a few hundred quid fine for it. Really doesn't seem like a deterrent.

I'd be in bits if I got a speeding fine but for these guys it's like water off a ducks back.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@gbb - at some point they'll pick up that he's been here for over a year on a Polish licence and he should have changed to a UK one. More points / confiscations / fines.

There are always those who'll take risks and not consider the consequences sadly; it's part of society. Note that there are people also think some of us are crazy because we build our own bikes out of parts.

And they usually complain loudly to anyone that will listen about how unfair it is, or how they are being victimised, etc :wacko:

We can have a good laugh at the antics of these clowns but the sad fact is they are are either going to kill or seriously injure themselves or someone else trying to be clever.
I hear the complaints/"It's Not Right"/"You Should Be Catching Murderers"/etc..... at work, when someone's brought in, as a result of their own stupidity in a car (especially when it's a death-trap
Sometimes an Officer will get bored of the comments, & tell the driver, that "I Am, I Stopped You From Killing Someone In That Heap - The Way You Were Driving"
Then they complain to the department staff "Hey!!!, Did You Hear What He/She Said!?"

"No. Not A Word"
, with a wink at the Officers, who usually grin

byegad

Legendary Member
In my experience there is a small group of people who sincerely think that their imaginary world is how the real world must work. When faced by a speeding fine, or some other set back in their belief then, their reaction is that the real world must be wrong. No ifs, no buts!

This causes anyone dealing with their anger no hope of placating their wrath.

My son's ex, is in this category, having announced, (out of the blue and 6 weeks after they'd consolidated their debts in his name*) that she wanted a divorce, she was incandescent when he did not get a small flat in the same small town so he could babysit their daughter any time she wished, but instead rented a place near to his work. He then later bought a house, even further from her town. When he sold that house 6 yrs later, she tried to get half his profit 'because she was entitled to it'. The Child support people apparently had some difficulty persuading her that she wasn't 'entitled to it'.

*The judge made her cough up half of the debt in the settlement!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A firm I worked for once was taken over by a firm based in Yorkshire. The directors personal male assistant was a total a—-e who drove his company car like a maniac and had at least a dozen speeding tickets and had a South African driving license in addition to his uk one. He tried producing it sometimes when stopped by police but was told to get lost and had to produce his uk one. He was one step off a jail sentence.
I once had to take a lift to Cleckheaton and he had a minder who was an ex boxer and on car journeys his job was to watch out for speed cameras as well as personal protection. We rarely dropped below 100mph on the journey from Cupar in Fife. Scary stuff.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
And another level of daftness, driving dual carriageway, im in outside lane, 60mph, both lanes chokka, outside lane just a bit faster than the inside. Stream of cars in both lanes but Mr new Mercedes is up my arris, about one car length behind me, jinxing right, peering, can he get past ? You can tell his desire was to get on.....but to what ? the car in front of me and no further. This carried on for maybe 2 miles before he gave on and slid into the now lane 2 of 3. Shortly after, I slid to lane 1 as I'm exiting, exited and watched as he went past, now up the arris of another car :headshake:

Talking today to colleague who got done for no MOT and insurance above...apparently he was fined over £1000 a year or so ago for motoring offences I can't remember.
He will get whats due one day, there's no hope for either of them, in their late 20s I guess, really should have grown up and got responsible by now ( imho )

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
So his latest claims....
He is going to pick up the car Friday apparently but its been damaged by the recovery or storage company (i don't know how he knows this , i would'nt have thought you'd get 1 inch beyond the gates of these places)...so now he want to know how he can claim for the damage...'the car was perfect in every way when they took it'...apparently :tongue:. Yet most cars he drives (the last 3 i have seen) are old and well used. Miraculously, this one was 'in perfect condition'

Also he is claiming foul by the Police officer that originally stopped him. 'She did not tell me her name or give me her badge number so she did not follow procedure'
Now its a long time since i was stopped by the Police but they certainly didn't announce themselves...along the line of, 'Good afternooon, i am PC Pamela Blenkinsopp, badge number 999, can i talk to you about your driving sir'
I tried to tell him it doesnt work like that but he's not having any...meh, perhaps i'm wrong ?

Perhaps i am behind times but the badge number is displayed, you can ask the officers name i would think and her information should be on the paperwork. IMO he's deluded, wrong or just trying to worm his way out...i suspect.

TBH. if he wasnt a colleague and fairly personable in many other ways...i'd think he was a d1ck and would be unlikely to have anything to do with him :laugh:

All uphill

Still rolling along
So his latest claims....
He is going to pick up the car Friday apparently but its been damaged by the recovery or storage company (i don't know how he knows this , i would'nt have thought you'd get 1 inch beyond the gates of these places)...so now he want to know how he can claim for the damage...'the car was perfect in every way when they took it'...apparently :tongue:. Yet most cars he drives (the last 3 i have seen) are old and well used. Miraculously, this one was 'in perfect condition'

Also he is claiming foul by the Police officer that originally stopped him. 'She did not tell me her name or give me her badge number so she did not follow procedure'
Now its a long time since i was stopped by the Police but they certainly didn't announce themselves...along the line of, 'Good afternooon, i am PC Pamela Blenkinsopp, badge number 999, can i talk to you about your driving sir'
I tried to tell him it doesnt work like that but he's not having any...meh, perhaps i'm wrong ?

Perhaps i am behind times but the badge number is displayed, you can ask the officers name i would think and her information should be on the paperwork. IMO he's deluded, wrong or just trying to worm his way out...i suspect.

TBH. if he wasnt a colleague and fairly personable in many other ways...i'd think he was a d1ck and would be unlikely to have anything to do with him :laugh:

I've never met him, but I'm fairly confident he is a d*ck. Possibly an entertaining d*ck, but a d*ck.

Alex321

Veteran
So his latest claims....
He is going to pick up the car Friday apparently but its been damaged by the recovery or storage company (i don't know how he knows this , i would'nt have thought you'd get 1 inch beyond the gates of these places).

While you obviously can't take the car away, they may well allow you to get items you had left in it. Never having been in this situation, I don't know, but that seems likely.

..so now he want to know how he can claim for the damage...'the car was perfect in every way when they took it'...apparently :tongue:. Yet most cars he drives (the last 3 i have seen) are old and well used. Miraculously, this one was 'in perfect condition'
He will have to prove (on the balance of probabilities) that they damaged it to have any chance of success in a claim against them.

Which sounds unlikely.

Probably all three.

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom