You know it's nearly Christmas when..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Can I resist opening it for a whole 37 days till Christmas Eve though? :unsure:
You could have had our Baileys... its open and been there for 7 years but should be ok

Tenkaykev

Guru
You could have had our Baileys... its open and been there for 7 years but should be ok
I found an unopened bottle of “ Bols “ at the back of the cupboard. It’s 60 proof and has 24carat gold flakes in it, if I shake the bottle it’s a bit like an up market alcoholic snow globe. No idea where it came from, has anyone actually tasted the stuff?

D

Deleted member 1258

When the rest of the family start asking you for Xmas present ideas, FFS! I don't know, just put some cash in my Xmas card.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I can hear the collective groaning from north of the border from here.
On the subject of whisky, I see Aldi list an 18 year old single malt under the “ Glen Marnoc “ label. I know some of their own brand stuff can be very good, be interesting to find out it’s provenance 🥃

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Broke in to my first satsuma last night; instantly brought on Christmas memories

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
For me it used to be the smell from the Sugar Beet factory on a cold crisp morning.

Now it seems to be when the brushes wear out in the washing machine!.

Like bloomin clockwork, at least it wasn't Christmas Eve like last time. 5th set fitted tonight, don't think it's got long left (can't moan at 10 years service I suppose).

View attachment 618020

View attachment 618021

View attachment 618022

Or the washing machine motor fails. Got new brushes, the old ones were fine, the motor was dead.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
On the subject of whisky, I see Aldi list an 18 year old single malt under the “ Glen Marnoc “ label. I know some of their own brand stuff can be very good, be interesting to find out it’s provenance 🥃
The last 'Malt Whisky' I got from Aldi was a disappointment, tasted OK but the 'aftertaste' just wasn't there.

Local Co-op is doing Glen Moray at £18.50 a bottle though :cheers: :becool:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A one litre bottle of Aldi triple distilled vodka and a few tins of condensed milk and you can knock your own up at any strength you like.

And for a substitute advocaat how about chucking a glass of vodka into this!🤔
1637149551625.png

Top Bottom