You know when you are back in the city

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rh100

Had a great ride through some of Warwickshire's lovely roads over the weekend, went via Coleshill, Maxstoke, Meriden and Hampton.

All the way the drivers were great, waiting for a gap before overtaking etc, ok some some came a bit close to our elbows but nothing to get upset about.

Then blow me, as soon as I get towards the outer edge of Solihull, we have moved over to the right ready to make a turn, we had arm signalled the right turn and I accept we were in the right of the lane a bit longer than we would have liked but any later and the flow of traffic would have stopped us moving over safely, then some old duffer decides to overtake us by using the other lane as we get close to turning, immediately after that another decides to squeeze up the inside muttering something out the window as he passed.

Better positioning may have stopped the squeeze inside one, but the one going round the outside of us was just plain impatient, for goodness sake people just give someone else on the road who is a bit slower than you a bit of time to get out of your way, it won't hurt you.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
That's just northerners by the sounds of it. :tongue:

D

Deleted member 1258

rh100 said:
Had a great ride through some of Warwickshire's lovely roads over the weekend, went via Coleshill, Maxstoke, Meriden and Hampton.

All the way the drivers were great, waiting for a gap before overtaking etc, ok some some came a bit close to our elbows but nothing to get upset about.

Then blow me, as soon as I get towards the outer edge of Solihull, we have moved over to the right ready to make a turn, we had arm signalled the right turn and I accept we were in the right of the lane a bit longer than we would have liked but any later and the flow of traffic would have stopped us moving over safely, then some old duffer decides to overtake us by using the other lane as we get close to turning, immediately after that another decides to squeeze up the inside muttering something out the window as he passed.

Better positioning may have stopped the squeeze inside one, but the one going round the outside of us was just plain impatient, for goodness sake people just give someone else on the road who is a bit slower than you a bit of time to get out of your way, it won't hurt you.

I've ridden in that area many times, there some lovely lanes round there. What is it about cities that makes most of the driving poor? In the 1990's I commuted between Coventry and Kenilworth and the worst driving was usually the Coventry end. At the moment I am working in Nuneaton and the driving standard is better in Bedworth and Nuneaton than Coventry.

Top Bottom