You know you've had a bad day when.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supercooper

I was on my normal 17 mile ride to work last night when 8 miles in pssssssssssssss ...yep puncture! So I thought no problem not messing around trying to fix it just put one of my two spare tubes I carry in seat bag on , blew it up and carried on to work , Finished hospital night shift started to ride home when 14 miles in , psssssssssssssss .... yep another puncture this time other wheel so I thought not to worry use other spare tube , Or so I thought . On emptying my seat bag I was soon to realise that last night I was sorting my bag out and turfed everything out when I got bleeped for a job and when that happens you have to drop everything and go and as its a large site I used my bike to get to the other end of the site and stayed there the rest of the shift leaving my tools ect at another canteen . So with no spare tube and no puncture outfit I just had to walk the last 3 miles , Not been home long so pretty tired , But the question is can you also finish off my words with your stories . You know you've had a bad day when.....

Moodyman

Legendary Member
...you've walked flat out.
whistling.gif

Globalti

Legendary Member
If I broke down a long way from home I would simply shoulder the bike and stick a thumb out. I used to hitch hike a lot and I discovered that carrying a climbing rope prominently on your rucsac got you lifts quicker because people could see the reason why you were hitching. I once picked up a cyclist who was walking home; he had punctured and had no spare tube. (The funny bit was when we arrived at his house; his wife came out, arms folded and asked loudly: "All right, what's he done THIS time?")

Top Bottom