You read it here first.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Called into Chevin Cycles today,just for a nosey and guess what Chris the Boardman had been in the shop sometime during the last fortnight and Chevin are selling his new line of bikes,
those at Halfords are called 'performance' these new ones are called 'elite'.
No idea when this is rolling out,two bikes one at £1999 the other a staggering £3400+.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
er sorry you might have read it but not on not here first.There are pages of the notification on google.i'll get my coat.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Called into Chevin Cycles today,just for a nosey and guess what Chris the Boardman had been in the shop sometime during the last fortnight and Chevin are selling his new line of bikes,
those at Halfords are called 'performance' these new ones are called 'elite'.
No idea when this is rolling out,two bikes one at £1999 the other a staggering £3400+.

Maybe it's just me but I am not that keen on that shop, whenever I have been in they dont seem very interested in enquiries about their bikes. In fact when I was shopping for a bike I went there coz I wanted a Cannondale at first, but I was ao unimpressed I went to the Specialized Concept store in Harrogate instead and they were falling over themselves to help as you know coz you got the same bike from the same shop.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
i did i mentioned you and he put another hundred on the price.
No, they were brill my local bike shop i shall call glasgow would not even get my size in and i wanted them to have my custom.It's a brilliant shop,with loads of free advice and help,orders are quickly arranged.Anyway the guy at Harrogate wheeled the bike out the saddle was nearly perfect,i was asked did i want to ride it,no said i, i just want to buy it.i knew there and then,love that bike.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Well, it's news to me that a shop other than Halfords is going to sell Boardman bikes.

I haven't been in Chevin cycles for a while, I mostly use mail order, as I already know what I want. Never been in the Harrogate Specialized shop, will definitely take a look though, as I generally like their products.

phil_hg_uk

Well, it's news to me that a shop other than Halfords is going to sell Boardman bikes.

I haven't been in Chevin cycles for a while, I mostly use mail order, as I already know what I want. Never been in the Harrogate Specialized shop, will definitely take a look though, as I generally like their products.

They are always very helpful at the Harrogate Shop. When the bearings and freehub packed up on my wheels they were the last place I tried for a cheap set of wheels, and they had exactly what I wanted at the price I wanted to pay. I was very supprised as I thought they would have been a lot more expensive.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
This is possibly going to attract the ire of some of you, but I've never even heard of Chevin Cycles!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This is possibly going to attract the ire of some of you, but I've never even heard of Chevin Cycles!
They are in Otley and (curiously) are named after the Chevin which overlooks the town. There is a 1 mile climb up the Chevin at a steady gradient of 10%, which (fortunately!) we were unable to tackle due to road works on my last forum ride way back in July 2012. I think I could well have ended up in hospital a month sooner if I'd tackled that one!

Globalti

Legendary Member
I see they're almost next door to Cotswold Outdoor. Good choice of location!

There is (or was) also a Maplin in the same parade of shops. Last year I was driving past with the Gti family when my son spotted Maplin, his favourite shop.

Gti Junior: "Ooh, look Dad! A Maplin! Can we stop?"

Self: "Er, no, sorry!"

A second later:

Gti Junior: "Ooh, look Dad! A Specialized shop!"

Cue emergency braking, squeal of tyres and sudden unplanned turn into the car park fronting both shops, followed by much derision from Junior and Mrs Gti.

phil_hg_uk

There is (or was) also a Maplin in the same parade of shops. Last year I was driving past with the Gti family when my son spotted Maplin, his favourite shop.

Gti Junior: "Ooh, look Dad! A Maplin! Can we stop?"

Self: "Er, no, sorry!"

A second later:

Gti Junior: "Ooh, look Dad! A Specialized shop!"

Cue emergency braking, squeal of tyres and sudden unplanned turn into the car park fronting both shops, followed by much derision from Junior and Mrs Gti.

The Maplin is in the shops further up the street.

Top Bottom