'You shouldn't ride in the middle of the road' said Policeman.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm not surprised at the coppers attitude. The Met is failing in many ways unfortunately.

There is a cycle traffic light (smaller version than the road variety ) at the Strand end of Waterloo bridge. Its at the end of cycle path and you have wait for light to turn green to cross the busy strand / waterloo junction. All the other traffic will wait. It the only one I know that exist.

One day I stopped for the light to turn green and there was another cyclist ahead of me waiting for the change. 2 coppers comes along and one of them approaches the first cyclist and demands to know what he is doing on the pedestrian path. We pointed to the big cycle mark on the road and the traffic light which also had a cycle mark. His faced turned green. The light also turned green and we both headed onto Waterloo Bridge.

Alex321

Veteran
There is a cycle traffic light (smaller version than the road variety ) at the Strand end of Waterloo bridge. Its at the end of cycle path and you have wait for light to turn green to cross the busy strand / waterloo junction. All the other traffic will wait. It the only one I know that exist.
There are several of them on cycle routes in Cardiff.
One example
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.480...4!1sc-779_TSv9kcPhyMIWETzA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

One day I stopped for the light to turn green and there was another cyclist ahead of me waiting for the change. 2 coppers comes along and one of them approaches the first cyclist and demands to know what he is doing on the pedestrian path. We pointed to the big cycle mark on the road and the traffic light which also had a cycle mark. His faced turned green. The light also turned green and we both headed onto Waterloo Bridge.
:laugh:

byegad

Legendary Member
It isn't part of the job of the met (or any other police force) to "notice downing street parties".

It was when they were punishable by a fine!

Alex321

Veteran
It was when they were punishable by a fine!

It was never the police's job to notice them. Only to investigate reports of them.

Unless they have prior evidence sufficient to obtain a warrant, they have no right to enter private property in order to notice them.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
It was never the police's job to notice them. Only to investigate reports of them.

Unless they have prior evidence sufficient to obtain a warrant, they have no right to enter private property in order to notice them.

They are already on the premises. The senior ministers have close protection officers with them at all times plus they have cameras all over the inside and outside of the building.

Top Bottom