You try and be helpful...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On one of the Belgian second hand sites some one had posted a "Wanted Italian thread Campagnolo bottom bracket" add.

I send him a mail asking what size, not that I have one for sale but I had recently been looking for one, so thought I might be able to give a few pointers. To cut a long story short, it's for a post '79 build so I send him the link to the article on the CampyOldy site that gives chapter and verse. One thing is clear, he should not be looking for a 70 SS 120 axle as that is the older, shorter model.

Two days later, he is involved In bidding frenzy and walks away with, yes, you guessed it, a (now over priced) 70 SS 120 Nuovo record bottom bracket :wacko:

OP
OP
BalkanExpress
Did n't mean to put the tread up twice if one copy could be taken down that would be great.

midlife

Guru
Just out of curiosity do you have the link to the Campyoldy site? I thought he had sold up and effectively closed.

Cheers

Shaun

OP
OP
BalkanExpress
Just out of curiosity do you have the link to the Campyoldy site? I thought he had sold up and effectively closed.

Cheers

Shaun

I just looked at my post and realised that I meant the CampyOnly site, where the archive has the 1982 article listing the various bottom bracket sizes.

However, http://www.campyoldy.co.uk is still sort of working, as I understand it Nigel sold most of his stock off to another seller, but still has a few bits left which he is still selling either through the site or at bike jumbles.

Top Bottom