You **** tube!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arfcollins

Soft southerner.
I ve never sworn at a piece of rubber before, but this week I had the first hole thingy in the tire of the new bike. Took out the spare presta valved tube to pop it on, to find the shop had given me a schrader and I hadn't noticed. Rubber glue and gentle drizzle don't mix, so it was three attempts before I got the patch to stick.

As I'd already thrown the box away I'm not going to try to take the tube back, so if anyone in the Fareham area runs on 700 28/32c schraders they'd be very welcome to it.

Norm

I've edited the title, Arf. I understand the frustration but please bear the rules in mind when posting.

Schneil

Veteran
SNAP
I recently bought a 700x25c tube presta from Decathalon. I got a puncture, then discovered the valve was too short to fit my rim. Thankfully I was carrying a second spare.

So if anyone in Stockport wants a free 700x25 presta tube (short valve) they can have it for nowt

SNAP
I recently bought a 700x25c tube presta from Decathalon. I got a puncture, then discovered the valve was too short to fit my rim. Thankfully I was carrying a second spare.

So if anyone in Stockport wants a free 700x25 presta tube (short valve) they can have it for nowt
Lol last Monday I got a p'ture in the dark about 8miles from home, wheeled the bike to a village and changed the tube relatively quickly (for me anyway) went to pump it up, my new rims are mid profile and the stem was short, I wasnt carrying a 2nd spare :blush: On the bright side I was wearing mtb shoes for the long walk and that was the first p'ture of the tyre since I fitted the new rims in March (circa 4,500miles ago).

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Could've been worse. I recently struggled to remove a punctured Durano tyre, then couldn't get the valve washer off due to the wet weather, swapped tubes, struggled to get it back on the rim, and after 15 mins of faffing discovered that my pump didn't work. I guarantee that my choice of words made this thread title sound like a CBeebies show title.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I had only my second p*nct*r* on my Brompton a couple of weeks ago, and of course it had to be the rear wheel. I carry a can of gunk as an quick emergency repair, but it was a huge hole from a screw so that failed miserably. The huge advantage of a Brommie, of course, is no walking - just hop on the tube. I now have a couple of Marathon Plus tyres on order.

Top Bottom