Young child on BMX footpegs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
Completely legal....

You MUST NOT

• carry a passenger unless your cycle has been built or adapted to carry one

.....Possibly. Can't say I'm too bothered....seen a family of 6 fit quite happily on a tiny little motor-scooter (in Asia) :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
User3143 said:
Lol what are you surprised at? Happy days were had by me giving two mates a lift, one standing on the trick nuts on the back and one on the front doing an 'ET'

I can go one up on that - one on the saddle, one pedalling standing up, one on the stunt pegs and one on the handlebars. Crossing a crossroads on the inner ring road...

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I wouldn't be at all happy if someone took my five year old along for a ride like this, and defo not through a red light and filtering down the middle of moving traffic on Peckham high street. Having seen mates fall in similar situations, it'd take only one decent bump for her feet to come off the pegs.

Don't have much of a problem with teenagers doing this, just not a child that young.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
There's an MTB I see occasionally 'round here that carries 3 - rider, one as a "backy" and one perched on the top tube - adult & two nippers, generally.

They ride on the pavement.

jimboalee

I've got a bit of a rareity in my shed.

A Moulton Mini with the rear carrier boom STRAIGHT :smile:

The usual course of events was the rider of the bike would have their friend :angry: sit or stand on the backrack; and whoops.... rear rack pressing on rear mudguard.

How many Moulton Minis do you see without a backrack?

And also, my BSA 20 has a FORTY hole rear rim. This is because they were known by Raleigh ( but not publicly announced ) to be converted to a passenger transportation system with makeshift rearfacing seat installed.

Top Bottom