Young(ish) (age range 25-45?) touring companions sought

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TopshamLad

Hi,

I'm new to this site (and cycle-touring!) and am keen to meet others to undertake cycle tours with in the UK and rest of Europe. I'm a Devon-based male, 42, fit and easy-going, and can travel at anytime as I'm currently taking an indefinite career-break. Looking to travel on a low budget - probably camping - starting end-April/May.

aqaleigh

TopshamLad said:
Hi,

I'm new to this site (and cycle-touring!) and am keen to meet others to undertake cycle tours with in the UK and rest of Europe. I'm a Devon-based male, 42, fit and easy-going, and can travel at anytime as I'm currently taking an indefinite career-break. Looking to travel on a low budget - probably camping - starting end-April/May.

Hi TopshamLad

Welcome to cyletouring, your life has now changed for the better

Just thought it might be an idea to state if you want to tour on or off road and what sort of mileage you'd be looking to do

OP
OP
T

TopshamLad

Hi Aqaleigh, and thanks for the welcome!

I'd be looking to use the National Cycle Network as much as possible in the UK, preferring little used or traffic-free roads/trails. I have a Giant Escape hybrid and I'm awaiting delivery of a pair of Altura Orkney 56litre panniers. I imagine I'd be taking it relatively easy, travelling 40-50 miles per day bearing in mind how much baggage I'll be taking!

stephenjubb

Über Member
Welcome to the forum!!

I'm 36 male and done quite a few tours. Looking at doing this route
below in Scotland in July, around 1000 miles in 4/5 weeks wild camping plus staying in cheap campsites. Don't normally do expensive campsites.

Let us know if want to discuss further

Top Bottom