Young kids should be teaching the adults how to behave sometimes....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Nice!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That is very heart-warming.

I dread to think what reaction an older child might get though ... I saw some horrible bullying at school. Probably the only reason that I didn't suffer it was that I was one of the tallest boys in the school so the bullies didn't dare.

thecube

there's a lovely innocence to children of that sort of age, I am the dad of a 5 year old myself. They seem tolerant to so many things that older children are not. I witnessed some awful bullying when I was at school, the worst was on a child that had a wig (due to unknown reasons to the rest of the kids), it's horrific to think back to those events.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
there's a lovely innocence to children of that sort of age
There can be. I think the truth is that kids of that age are, above all, incredibly impressionable. They take their cues from those above, and those determine how they sort out peer issues. Dogs are much the same. Find a happy, well-balanced dog and you'll invariably find its owner is good people. Find a mean, spiteful brat, and you'll generally find its parents are not nice people. It's not always the case, but I bet if you did a bit of homework at that school you'd find it has a really good head, whose leadership sets the tone for the way everyone in that community behaves. When I used to write on management, they called it 'the way we do things round here'.

keithmac

Guru
Lovely heartwarming video, my 5 year old came home from school with this today bless her!.

20170504_203910.jpg

Sandra6

Veteran
I saw this the other day, super cute.
The other one doing the rounds I like is a pic of two boys and the little boy says he can't wait to show off his new hair cut, because now the teacher won't be able to tell him and his friend apart. Only he is a little white boy, and his friend is black. He's completely colour blind in the nicest way!

TVC

Great video.

There has been a massive change in prosthetics over the last twenty years and an equally huge change in peoples' attitude toward physical disability thanks to the likes of the Paralympics.

If we could get a similar change in attitude towards towards the messier disabilities like cerebral palsy and brain disfunction that would be just dandy.

keithmac

Guru
My wife works as a teaching assistant in a special needs school so I've talked about it for 18 years or more now and see everyone as equals.

She's taken our two children to the school fairs etc and they really enjoy it.

Wife says it is hard at times but she wouldn't choose to do anything else, she loves her job.

We had a girl at School when we were about 13, who lost her right arm following a Cancer, and had a prosthetic limb

The Form Teacher was brilliant keeping us informed and there were no issues at all when she returned, simply an acceptance that there were some things she could not do, and would need help

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
We had a girl at School when we were about 13, who lost her right arm following a Cancer, and had a prosthetic limb

The Form Teacher was brilliant keeping us informed and there were no issues at all when she returned, simply an acceptance that there were some things she could not do, and would need help

You say that, but I met a girl exactly the same (well lost her arm to cancer) and I was impressed to see that sentence didn't apply apart from shoe laces;), and even then she wanted shoe laces so she could try to learn! Whether it was cycling, carrying boxes for the teacher etc she wasn't going to let it stop her doing anything! I stopped trying to help her and just waited for her to ask if she did need me to do anything (shoelaces). (And her arm was simply a plastic one that she found annoying). I hear that she is doing well at her new school.

Top Bottom