Your as bad as...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Tractor drivers.

I was told this today by a car drivers. There were some road works, so i went down the outside of all the cars. I stopped being a car and sat there for a while, and the guy wound down his window and said why dont you go on the pavement. I told him i wasnt going to ride on the paverment and went b the side of his car, and we had a chat. And he said i was as bad as bloody tractor drivers. Maybe he thought i was causing this hold up, and not the road works? I had gone up the road, and cars couldnt get passed, so they had to wait behing me for a very short distance for there to be enough room.
I also had cars honking at me, abuse shouted from the windows of cars, and a guy saying i'm as bad as tractor drivers. I asked him what he ment but he just said for me to walk the bike, which wouldnt have been any quicker.
He also said i didnt know what to do on the road, because i wouldnt go on the pavement and ride.
What have other people been compaired to?

Noodley

Joe24 said:
What have other people been compaired to?

A slightly younger George Clooney. It's a bugger, it really is.

:biggrin:

Whilst overtaking a white van along Embankment, sed WVM leant out of his window and screamed "F**k off ya lycra-tossmonkey!" at me.

Calling each other lycra-tossmonkeys has now become the most favoured banter insult in my group of friends, full marks for originality on that one!

I had a guy chase me like a demented lunatic through Brixton traffic once only to shout 'Spunkbucket!' once he caught up with me.

Twenty years later I still dont know what it means.

longers

Legendary Member
I upset a lad once in Oldham by cycling past him. I wasn't doing anything outrageous (ie being a lycra-tossmonkey or acting like a tractor) but he got really, really irate. I thought about circling back and stirring it some more but he was at a bus stop with a pool cue and I had no idea when the bus was coming.

It sticks in my mind for how very, very angry I made him by doing nothing more than breezing past on two wheels.:biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
mickle said:
I had a guy chase me like a demented lunatic through Brixton traffic once only to shout 'Spunkbucket!' once he caught up with me.

It means he thought you were a slag.

Bigtallfatbloke

Joe...remember that drivers are low life self-gratification artists...just laugh at the them...you have every right to ride on the road...that guy is a loser and lazy selfish asswipe. I get called all kinds of things every day out there ...the level of ignorance out there is astounding.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

mickle said:

Apparently, the gentleman was calling you a whore. See here.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Bigtallfatbloke said:
Joe...remember that drivers are low life self-gratification artists...just laugh at the them...you have every right to ride on the road...that guy is a loser and lazy selfish asswipe. I get called all kinds of things every day out there ...the level of ignorance out there is astounding.

I managed not to laugh at him when he said i was like a tractor driver.
I think he wanted to moan at someone for him being held up, so he decide to go at someone he probably didnt think was going to do something back. It was my first time i had a chat with a driver that said something to me, i was going to ask a van driver what he had shouted to me as he went past, but he had a young child next to him, so i thought i wouldnt bother.
It was very calm though, i dont think he was as chilled out as he should have been. I should have mentioned to him that it is advised you dont smoke and drive, but i didnt want to talk to him for any longer.

Top Bottom