Your avatar?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
It's a roadside advertising sign that was used by the Osborne sherry company in Spain during the 50s and 60s. I used to feel rather important driving through Spain with parents on holiday all those years ago. Subsequently the 'Osborne' was removed, and the plain bull remained and the sign has gradually has become the unofficial emblem of Spain.

Why do I use it?

1) My surname is Osborne
2) My star sign is Taurus
3) I like it

Amanda P

Legendary Member
It's a caricature of me, done by one of the caricaturists you find in York during the summer. Mrs Uncle Phil took him an old photograph of me and he did it from that.

I don't have the 'tache anymore!

I painted it (Portrait of Brunel) and was playing about with the images at about the time I was a bit fed up with my old avatar.
I think I come across as a bit of an old git sometimes and so it seemed a bit apt to go alongside my ramblings.

colly

Re member eR
Alfred E Neuman.

Alfred E. Neuman is the fictional mascot and iconic cover boy of mad magazine.

Norm

Mine is also a caricature, done about 10 years ago as a leaving present. The flag on the back says "Fat Controller" as my kids were 2/3 years old and well into Thomas at the time and my title was "Northern Europe Controller". The fat bit is personal choice, though. :smile:

Top Bottom