Your best ever Easter egg?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
in the spirit of premature religious/commercial threads what was your best ever Easter egg?

As a kid I always loved a Smarties egg. I'd always endeavour to unwrap the foil without ripping it, then smooth it out with my finger until there wasn't a wrinkle in it.
I'd love the smell of the chocolate and the snap of it too.

At Christmas I used to (and still do) get a big tube of Smarties. As a kid I'd divide them into their separate colours (a shrink would have a field day!) before eating them.

screenman

Legendary Member
My parents although comfortable off were miserly as well, my memories are of the most disgusting tasting cheap horrible chocolate ever. I have made up for it since.

TVC

My parents never bought me an easter egg. Instead on Easter Sunday morning my dad would take me and my brother to the local newsagent and we could choose whatever sweets we wanted to the value of the egg he might have bought. We certainly got a lot more chocolate that way.

Oh, and I always opened up the packet of Opel Fruits and piled them up by colour. Then i would eat thrm in strict order, all the yellows, the greens, oranges and finally the reds.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
What you mean is you did it as well!!

Both parents worked at "Macks"(Macintosh's), so we'd get two-three eggs and the rest in sweets. 4lb of Quality Street for under a £1!

Mishapen toffee and mallow eggs in a brown paper bag. My nan worked at Cadburys

My dad worked for Cadbury's so we always did alright at Easter (and Christmas too!) with orders shipped up from the staff shop at Bournville.
Mind you, Easter eggs haven't been the same since they stopped putting the sweets inside the egg. ^_^

U

User482

0a14c1c2e6b14e89deaea91cac0b8c6c--yorkie-easter-eggs.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
My dad worked for Cadbury's so we always did alright at Easter (and Christmas too!) with orders shipped up from the staff shop at Bournville.
Mind you, Easter eggs haven't been the same since they stopped putting the sweets inside the egg. ^_^
Egg plant is winding down production for next year.

Sweets might cause choking, "Choking Hazard" inside the egg, don't attempt to eat in one go. Who'd try that?

Top Bottom