Your best ride ever (so far)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
My best ride ever was today at Harry Halls bike shop for a purchase for my 7 year old

He wanted black, though they don't do black in his range/size, hope he likes orange
frog55orange.jpg

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Probably last week on my 10 mile commute home. Far too hot to cycle fast. Slowed right down, chilled out and loved every minute. Lots is through parks and quiet back roads. An absolute delight in the gorgeous sun.
I know exactly what you mean. I actually devote Fridays to being my single speed days and try to keep it as slow as time can afford . I also ride the parks and sometimes take the riverside route to Greenwich...no helmet, no Lycra, no worries

gavgav

Guru
Probably a toss up between a ride I did with @Rickshaw Phil up in Cumbria, a couple of years back, which was a loop from Keswick north around Skiddaw and back, with some epic scenery in fabulous warm weather and the ride I did from my dads caravan up the Mawddach trail to Dolgellau and then the climb up to Cregennan Lakes. Both had amazing scenery and good weather.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I know exactly what you mean. I actually devote Fridays to being my single speed days and try to keep it as slow as time can afford . I also ride the parks and sometimes take the riverside route to Greenwich...no helmet, no Lycra, no worries
The river route from woolwich to Erith is good too.
If i leave work early and it is sunny i often take the long and slow way home on the path.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
What a great question. Straight away you think of the toughest, the highest or the longest rides or the first time you did something. .... But for me it has to be the gentle, easy ride along the cycle path on the West shore of Lake Annecy, from Doussard into Annecy old town and back. Pretty much flat as a pancake, but terrific scenery all the way, and endless climbing possibilities at every junction. Loved every second of it. Going back to Annecy again soon. Even though my main aim is to take on some more big Alps, that path is just too good to miss out on, and I aim to ride it at least twice more before the week is out.

speccy1

Reading here about some people getting emotional/tearful after a big ride, well I had the opposite, strangely. A few years ago I did LEJOG which is one thing I had always wanted to do, and I fully expected after many, many hours of hard graft to see the waterworks, but no, I was totally un-moved by that moment, all I could think was "right then photos, ring the family to say I`d completed it, lets get home!"

I must have been so tired that I never had the energy to get worked up about it.

Yet......I`ve done the Dartmoor Classic a good few times, and a couple of times I`ve been crying like a baby going over the finish line - thank god for cycling glasses!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
For shear epicness the ride to stages 4 and 5 of the 2014 TdF via Calais (there) and Dunkirk (back). Jesus they were three days of cruelty.

But there's beauty in the familiar. I still find joy in my local rides.

Last edited:
Have not been riding that long so thought this would be easy. Initially thought it would be one of the early morning rides around the beautiful Northumbria countryside that I do every now and then, or one of the rides where I catch a fantastic sunrise over Newbiggin bay on my normal 8 mile loop that wakes me up...but then when I think about it, the ride which has probably given me the most pleasure was a 'recon' ride from home to Wallsend (39 mile round trip) that made me realise the new commute was actually doable :-)

Done it a couple of times since, and still tweaking the route, but the initial ride that showed it could be done is priceless :-)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So far... I would say cycling from Switzerland to home in a week with @Trickedem
A most fantastic week of cycling. Many firsts for me including my first cycling tour and my first mountain climb.

The first day was especially one that I will remember always.
Climbing up, over and down the Jura Mountains. 15 miles of climbing. Who would have thought climbing a mountain on a bike loaded with panniers would be such awesome fun. It was hard work, no doubt, but so enjoyable. I don't think I have ever enjoyed cycling as much as I did that day.

upload_2016-7-23_22-59-37.png

upload_2016-7-23_23-0-12.png

upload_2016-7-23_23-3-3.png

Top Bottom