Your bike in front of a gate pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Get aaarrrrfff moi laaand.....
DSC_0591.JPG

He also has several rotting old tanks and other armoured vehicles in his field.

Maybe he's a prepper.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
1B0478A0-D6F9-42FB-B051-AD863F17643C.jpeg

Pitsford gates, opposite the village hall, on today’s ride.

:smile:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Is that rear sprocket inside the stays? Never seen that before. If it is please put up a couple of pics.

Must be an optical illusion. It is on a freewheel with gold spacers. Perphaps this photo will show it better
Picture 036_zpsfwezomtq.jpg

Cracking looking bike, tell me of it.:smile:

I rescued this frame from a display rack at a LBS in Cheshire. It had a few marks from handling but had never been built up.

It's a Kinesis Decade Virtue - one of the first made before FELT threw their toys out of the pram and made Kinesis change the name to Virsa, as they had a bike with the same name.

It's quite a rare beast - especially as they suffer from cracking seat-tubes, partly due to the supplied QR seatclamp clamping on the seatpost but not the frame, but also people running on a minimum length seat-post (To counter I'm currently running an uncut 350mm seatpost, plus that big massive double clamp)

Out of the 10 made in this particular size and colour, it would be interesting to know how many are left. I've only ever spoke to two other owners of any size or colour, and one of them works for the original supplier (Upgrade) who says his dad still rides it.

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Must be an optical illusion. It is on a freewheel with gold spacers. Perphaps this photo will show it better
View attachment 401189

Nope, sorry, had a brain fart on that. Lovely looker.

D

Deleted member 1258

View attachment 401189

I rescued this frame from a display rack at a LBS in Cheshire. It had a few marks from handling but had never been built up.

It's a Kinesis Decade Virtue - one of the first made before FELT threw their toys out of the pram and made Kinesis change the name to Virsa, as they had a bike with the same name.

It's quite a rare beast - especially as they suffer from cracking seat-tubes, partly due to the supplied QR seatclamp clamping on the seatpost but not the frame, but also people running on a minimum length seat-post (To counter I'm currently running an uncut 350mm seatpost, plus that big massive double clamp)

Out of the 10 made in this particular size and colour, it would be interesting to know how many are left. I've only ever spoke to two other owners of any size or colour, and one of them works for the original supplier (Upgrade) who says his dad still rides it.

It looks lovely, did you have much trouble getting the chain line right?

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
It looks lovely, did you have much trouble getting the chain line right?

Strangely no - I expected it to be trouble, but it wasn't

I used the Velo-Solo spacer kit, which comes with a variety of spacer sizes so you can chop and change each side of the sprocket until you get it right. - but I hit it right first time.

In fact, the entire bike went together perfectly without incident, although it did take nearly two years of careful planning, saving and sourcing parts.

Another problem I seem to have solved by accident - running this frame single speed means you have to remove the rear brake caliper to get the wheel off (something they cured in the MK2 with slotted mounts on the frame).

However, thanks to my choice of rotor (or shape thereof) means I can get the wheel on and off, without such fuss.

Top Bottom