Your bike's name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I have a friend who always insists on naming my cars for some reason. I've had Kev the Corsa and am currently on Terence the Toyota :wacko:.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I didn't want to look either, but I couldn't stop myself. It's like that awful desire to touch a plate after being told, "Careful, it's very hot".

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Mr Pig said:
Ha ha, seconded! :0) People who name their cars also crack me up. Sad w******.

It's a habit that's been around a lot longer than bikes or cars:
"Anthropomorphism - the representation of objects (especially a god) as having human form or traits".

Hmmmm...

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Fixed is called Daffodil(friend o mine thought it would be a nice name for it, and i thought it wold show my sensitive side;))
Giant is called Deirdre, i thought it woul suit her, which it does:laugh:

The Cardinal - A red steel GT. Ponderous and laden down with assorted impedimenta and bike salad. A Roman Catholic sort of bike, hedged about with rituals and superstition.

Luther - The blue and grey Guess SC1. Light, basic and stripped of unnecessary guff. A Protestant sort of bike, free of waffle.

Oscar - The selfish blue Giant. Keeps me from riding the other two. Faster than he looks.

wafflycat

Noodley said:
Obviously not 'brain food' if you name your bike :wacko:

Soul food - it's why you have no soul sweetie :angry:

Dave5N

Über Member
Well now, the yellow bike's called the yellow bike... the blue bike's called the blue bike, the green bike's called the green bike, the white bike's called the white bike... the black bike's called the 'cross bike...

wafflycat

Dave5N said:
Well now, the yellow bike's called the yellow bike... the blue bike's called the blue bike, the green bike's called the green bike, the white bike's called the white bike... the black bike's called the 'cross bike...

Not much in the way of imagination there, I see. :wacko:

Top Bottom