Your cordless car vac experiences

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My car needs a good vacuuming. I have a powerful Hoover, but it's not cordless, so to use it on my car I'd have to get an extension and feed it through my kitchen window to my car which I'd have to park on double yellow lines etc. You get the picture? Far too much hassle eh! I asked my neighbour if I could borrow her cordless vac', but she's reluctant saying "All that car grit might knacker it". I want to buy a powerful car vacuum cleaner. The main requirement is that word power! I'm not after fancy additions to it, I just want something that'll suck up grit, dog hairs, crumbs mud etc. I had one years ago that kind of sucked up the small bits, but not the bigger bits and then spat back out most of those bits. Yes, I could use a petrol stations vacuum cleaner, but the last one I used had a cigarette lighter stuck in it blocking most of the suction. Also, using them is a race against time. I put my pound coin in then find myself rushing like a mad man to get it done before I have to feed another quid in. Also, I find their nozzles too big to get into the bits near the handbrake and under the seats. So what have you used and which car vac would you recommend? 🤔

numbnuts

Legendary Member
IMO car vacuum cleaner that work off 12v sucks, but in this case it doesn't

Znook

aka PureZOOG
I use a Dyson V15 Detect Animal cordless with a flexible hose from off of eBay seeing as one doesn't come as standard with the Dyson, the cheapskates.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Its a 100 seconds to midnight apparently so a quid will probably last. :okay:

I use one of these, some might think it a bit overkill but it does the job.

Attachments

• 192030-11941982.jpg
    192030-11941982.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 6

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I get my sister's old hoovers for use in the garage for my cars. She usually kills them with talc, and never thinks to clean the filters. I've now got a decent cyclinder Dyson for the car, and I use a set of 'fine' attachments off ebay to get into the hard to reach areas.

Top Bottom