Your cordless car vac experiences

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
They are all crap unless you spend Megabucks.. You can pick up a Henry Hoover second hand for 30 or 40 quid. They will survive the apocalypse. They have a very long cord (10m?) But else use the extension lead. IME it's never worth saving time with a cordless. You'll get lots of cordless that'll work fine but you'll end up going over everything 3 times. Unless you want to spend out for a high end cordless which will be 3 or 4 hundred. Sometimes mains power is king

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They are all crap unless you spend Megabucks.. You can pick up a Henry Hoover second hand for 30 or 40 quid. They will survive the apocalypse. They have a very long cord (10m?) But else use the extension lead. IME it's never worth saving time with a cordless. You'll get lots of cordless that'll work fine but you'll end up going over everything 3 times. Unless you want to spend out for a high end cordless which will be 3 or 4 hundred. Sometimes mains power is king
You might've saved me a good few quid there @Electric_Andy ! I could've used the shop I work in's vac' this aft' as my car was parked directly outside,

1642875518970.png

but it was drizzling rain and even I know that 'leccy' and water aren't too friendly with each other! :stop:

For heavy vac work it can only be 230v, that’s what I use on Mrs Ridgeways wagon, think horses, dogs and lots of children..

In the house we have a Dyson stick thing, great for a quick zip around and some spot cleaning, also more than enough to clean my car every few weeks.

Good cordless is very convenient and will allow to do a job in a few mins, corded will allow a deep clean (animal hair, ground in dirt etc).

Can you justify a decent cordless stick vac for the house that then you can use on the car ?

Top Bottom