Your cycle in front of a wall pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
My bike and @User21629 riding through the marshes after a ride with @Charlotte Alice Button.

DSC_0458.JPG

Lunch stop in Appledore.

DSC_0459.JPG

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
IMG_3512.JPG

Delapre Abbey, this afternoon, just before it started piddling down!

And

Fun sponge
Another bike, another wall - balcony road off the Alpe D'Huez
DSC_0308.JPG

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Another bike, another wall - balcony road off the Alpe D'Huez
View attachment 374217
That's on my to-do list. I was going to ride it on 28th June this year, but when my tour group rode up to Alpe d'Huez, intending to continue up to Col de Sarenne then loop around via the balcony road after lunch, the weather was rainy and cold when we got up to Alpe d'Huez, so we just decided to check into the hotel up there, and take the rest of the afternoon off.

Did you ride up the balcony road, or down it? I was thinking the former might be better, since you can ride next to the wall and get a better view.

And

Fun sponge
That's on my to-do list. I was going to ride it on 28th June this year, but when my tour group rode up to Alpe d'Huez, intending to continue up to Col de Sarenne then loop around via the balcony road after lunch, the weather was rainy and cold when we got up to Alpe d'Huez, so we just decided to check into the hotel up there, and take the rest of the afternoon off.

Did you ride up the balcony road, or down it? I was thinking the former might be better, since you can ride next to the wall and get a better view.
That day we turned right in La Garde and went up - it's absolutely fantastic. There is a similar road from Huez village towards Villard Reculas which is also fabulous. However, if you're in the area, imo the most spectacular is the D219 from Bourg d'Oisans to Villard Notre Dame on the opposite side of the valley. This road turns into a track but if it hasn't been raining it is passable on a road bike and will take you to Villard Reymond where the road is surface again. It's challenging and you will need lights as one of the tunnels takes a while to get through (length + gradient are not your friends here)

Top Bottom