Your cycle in front of a wall pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex H

Legendary Member
2018_0405_12245000.jpg

Craster harbour this morning

D

Deleted member 1258

The bridge outside Lowsonford again, the wall the other side this time.

20180405_101939.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

the water looks high in that picture @dave r

It is, that stream is at the bottom of a steep descent and there's a steep climb after the bridge. We've got some places where the roads are still flooded, though most are going down now. There's a ford on a lane just outside Kenilworth and that's flooded and that one is usually dry, a friend of mine commented that he'd never seen water in that ford.

Last edited by a moderator:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It is, that stream is at the bottom of a steep descent and there's a steep climb after the bridge. We've got some places where the roads are still flooded, though most are going down now. There's a ford on a lane just outside Kenilworth and that's flooded and that one is usually dry, a friend of mine commented that he'd never seen water in that ford.

Must admit when i was out on Saturday the fords in Geddington and Woodford were both closed due to the high water

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I took a few bike-by-wall photos on my ride this afternoon but they have turned out to be a bit fuzzy so I won't zoom in on the bike - look at the scenery instead! :okay:

Cannondale CAAD5 Carr Road.png

The A646 snakes its way up the valley below, the camera pointing in the direction of Burnley. My new home town of Todmorden is about 5 km down the valley in the other direction. You can see the dark bulk of Pendle Hill in the far distance.

There was quite a lot of traffic as I rode up the A646 early in my ride, so I decided to climb away from it on my way home. Carr Road is a steep little lane which makes its way over to the hamlet of Sourhall and from there one can go directly down to Todmorden, or turn right and drop down to the Bacup Road, which is what I did today, to extend my sunny ride by half an hour or so.

When I first tried to cycle up Carr Road about 25 years ago it half killed me because I was overweight and overgeared. I had to dismount and walk up the steepest bits. These days I am about 20 kgs (3 stone) lighter and have a luxurious 28/30 bottom gear for the tough stuff so I can ride up it without any problems, as long as I pace myself properly. When I tackle it with fitter riders I just point them up the hill and watch them disappear into the distance while I winch my way up at a more civilised pace! :laugh:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
4CAD2421-59C4-49F1-9B40-52248CD28430.jpeg

A crumbling wall near Sixfoelds, Northampton.

Top Bottom