Your cycle in front of a wall pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_1109.JPG

MBIFO a wall opposite Bakewell railway station on t'other day's ride.

2022_06_12_EMM_SGT_06.jpg

In the old vaulted cellar of Emmendingen Town Hall

tyred

Legendary Member
View attachment 648772
I have no idea what this building actually was used for but it's enormous. Someone has opened a coffee van in the grounds of it and has used odd nooks and crannies for sheltered seating.

View attachment 648773

I've now found out that this was a corn mill built c1840 in the Italian style. There was a stream that powered the waterwheel but somebody piped the stream at some point and apparently there is a small railway turntable inside on the ground floor. I assume they must have linked to the railway which passed several hundred yards away (and is now the shared use path I was riding on).

Next time I cycle that way I must have good nosy!

It's a listed building and apparently there's a plan to convert it into apartments.

FrothNinja

Veteran
I've now found out that this was a corn mill built c1840 in the Italian style. There was a stream that powered the waterwheel but somebody piped the stream at some point and apparently there is a small railway turntable inside on the ground floor. I assume they must have linked to the railway which passed several hundred yards away (and is now the shared use path I was riding on).

Next time I cycle that way I must have good nosy!

It's a listed building and apparently there's a plan to convert it into apartments.
Hope the conversion doesn't effect access to the path - few of the paths round have had their width and access points restricted by such things round here

FrothNinja

Veteran
Roughlee, Lancs
DSC_1920.JPG

Top Bottom