Your Fave band

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark_Robson

I've read through this whole thread and I'm pleased that I'm not the only one who is stuck in a musical rut. Most of us are naming bands from our teenage years and ignoring some of the fantastic bands that have emerged from this era.
Anyway back on thread, after a lot of thought I am going to name my band as the band that has been with me through the past 30 years. They have never stirred me like, SLF, The Jam, The Stone Roses or Oasis ( the early stuff ) but they have produced some fantastic music over the years.
So ladies and gentlemen the award for best band goes to...........U2

Cubist

Still wavin'
Mark_Robson said:
I've read through this whole thread and I'm pleased that I'm not the only one who is stuck in a musical rut. Most of us are naming bands from our teenage years and ignoring some of the fantastic bands that have emerged from this era.
Anyway back on thread, after a lot of thought I am going to name my band as the band that has been with me through the past 30 years. They have never stirred me like, SLF, The Jam, The Stone Roses or Oasis ( the early stuff ) but they have produced some fantastic music over the years.
So ladies and gentlemen the award for best band goes to...........U2
And it all started so well.....:smile:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
An almost impossible task to name one band, so I'll choose the one that I've never gone off:

The Animals.

Whoops!:smile: Just noticed that on page 2 I nominated Dr Feelgood.

Like I said, an impossible task ...

Can I have a favourite for each genre?

I suppose over all it has to be nine inch nails, a favourite from me teenage years to whom I keep coming back, even after not listening to music for years.

But currently Nick Cave and Warren Ellis' movie soundtrack work is providing a suitably bleak soundtrack to my days.

bauldbairn

Mark_Robson said:
Most of us are naming bands from our teenage years and ignoring some of the fantastic bands that have emerged from this era.
They have never stirred me like, SLF, The Jam, The Stone Roses or Oasis ( the early stuff ) but they have produced some fantastic music over the years.

I agree! :biggrin:

I think we're all in the same boat - I love music from 1960/2010.

Maybe we should start a thread - fave bands from each decade. :wacko: - :sad: - :biggrin:

wilko

Veteran
I like Corvus Corax. I wouldn't say they are my favourite band so perhaps they don't belong in this thread, But they are different, I enjoy listening to them and would love to see them live.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADuCbafqBDQ&feature=related

As far as groups go, they seem to not last as long as an individual. However TEXAS have racked up at least four good albums over a couple of decades and Sharleen looks as sexy today as she did way back when. So they get my vote.

BearPear

Veteran
well I feel a bit out of it with all you indie-lovers, but I love Bruce! (Springsteen, that is). I have teenaged kids and so listen to current stuff - Kids in Glass Houses, You Me at Six, Biffy Clyro, Paramore etc. Some is good, some not to much.

I do enjoy a bit of Muse as well, such good musicians, I can excuse Matt Bellamy being as mad as a box of frogs!

Top Bottom