1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your favourite book genre?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Melvil, 6 Sep 2007.

?
  1. Romance

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Western

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Sci-fi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Reportage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Highbrow

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  6. Chick-lit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Classic reads

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Adventure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Fantasy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Bored. Curious. Nuff said.

2. purpleR

purpleR Senior Member

The percentages add up to 266.6% :biggrin:
    I clicked other, for me that means popular science books & detective novels!

3. I ticked other because I like lots of different kinds of book. I mostly seem to read history books nowadays, especially First and Second World War, or railway history, but I also like Iain M Banks (and his alter ego, Iain Banks), George MacDonald Fraser, Jonathan Coe, John Steinbeck and lots of others.

4. strofiwimple

strofiwimple Über Member

Why is Humour not a choice?????
    Tom Sharpe every time.

5. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

I like 20th century American fiction - particularly the writings of F. Scott Fitzgerald, the Beat authors, Hemingway, Vonnegut and Philip Roth.

6. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

No mention of philosophy, travel, sport or semi/autobiography.
    But those I mentioned. :biggrin:

7. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

When I get the chance to read a book it's usually Sport related or has something to do with Travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Big Bren

Big Bren New Member

Sci-fi & fantasy, and when I need to return to the real world for a while, I like to read autobiographies and non-fiction type stuff; Richard Dawkins 'The God Delusion' is next in line, as soon as I've finished Steven Eriksons' latest.

Bren

9. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

why is romance a separate category from chick-lit?

10. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

I have read every on of Tom Sharpe's books, Ancestral Vices I think is my favourite. I also like Ben Eltons books as well, they are easy reads, not to taxing on the grey matter.

11. Emu

Emu New Member

a romance is girl meets boy and this is the central story whereas in chick lit girl meets boy doesn't necessarily feature at all.

12. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i call on all men who read romance novels to put their hands up…

13. stevenb

stevenb New Member

I read all sorts of books....fave Author is James Herbert. The Rats, Lair and Domain are my fave books....chilling reads. :biggrin:

14. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

ABSOLUTELY with you there!!! I also love Truman Capote, Paul Auster, Jay McInnery and Armistead Maupin. I also very shamefully admit to adoring Bret Easton Ellis, even though I wouldn't tell that to my Mum!!

But 20th Century European fiction is fabulous too!! I love Gunter Grass, Kundera, Boris Vian and Italo Calvino!! The last century was FABULOUS for writers!!!

15. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

if there's any books on 'highbrow chick-clit' then that's enough to get me to read the first few pages at least.