Your national "Day"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

I saw on wiki today that it was the anniversary of the date of Alfred Russell writing to Charles Darwin about his theory of evolution.

Darwin then (presumably) had a nervous fit and went about publishing (acknowledging Russell in the process).

So therefore I nominate today as national 'Get your sh** together' day.

What would your national "day" be?

Oh lord here goes - national say how you really feel day.
Apologies to anyone who knows me who reads this...

rikki

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
national drive your car to work day, as won't be permitted on any other day, come the revolution (oh happy day) B)

Love it.

That can be the day after the one celebrating the return of all golf courses to the public and their rightful use as parkland, picnic areas and cross country running courses "come the revolution" :biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
rikki said:
Love it.

That can be the day after the one celebrating the return of all golf courses to the public and their rightful use as parkland, picnic areas and cross country running courses "come the revolution" ;)

which is the day after the chavs are first against the wall…

Tetedelacourse

I'd like a British Bulldogs day, when across the UK colleagues, friends, enemies, family, strangers, whoever is in proximity has to play British bulldogs with the nearest 50 people they can find. On the hour, every hour.

I'll never forget the day in primary 5 when it was banned from school and "Kiss, Cuddle or Torture" took its place. ;)

Tetedelacourse said:
I'll never forget the day in primary 5 when it was banned from school and "Kiss, Cuddle or Torture" took its place. :biggrin:

Mmm. That game should have been renamed Torture, because the girls never wanted a kiss or a cuddle. Or was that just me? ;)

We replaced British Bulldogs with Roundheads and Cavilers. Not as much fun, admittedly.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
magnatom said:
We replaced British Bulldogs with Roundheads and Cavilers. Not as much fun, admittedly.
Isn't that a euphemism for who's circumcised or not?
;) (and NOBODY should post a poll on this theme! :biggrin:)

Fnaar said:
Isn't that a euphemism for who's circumcised or not?
:biggrin: (and NOBODY should post a poll on this theme! :biggrin:)

I honestly don't know! That's just the name we gave the game as kids. I assumed it was a national thing, but maybe not....

Top Bottom