1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your national "Day"?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Melvil, 18 Jun 2008.

1. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

I saw on wiki today that it was the anniversary of the date of Alfred Russell writing to Charles Darwin about his theory of evolution.

Darwin then (presumably) had a nervous fit and went about publishing (acknowledging Russell in the process).

So therefore I nominate today as national 'Get your sh** together' day.

What would your national "day" be?

2. Oh lord here goes - national say how you really feel day.
    Apologies to anyone who knows me who reads this...

3. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Errrmmmm - so you've told em then :biggrin:

4. No. Quite the opposite. I never really reveal to people what my feelings are. I could do with a national day of it to 'get it all out' :biggrin::biggrin:

5. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Is one day enough? :biggrin:

6. Ha ha no probably not...! Issues? Moi?

7. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

national drive your car to work day, as won't be permitted on any other day, come the revolution (oh happy day) :laugh:

8. rikki

rikki Veteran

Love it.

That can be the day after the one celebrating the return of all golf courses to the public and their rightful use as parkland, picnic areas and cross country running courses "come the revolution" :biggrin:

9. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

which is the day after the chavs are first against the wall…

10. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

I'd like a British Bulldogs day, when across the UK colleagues, friends, enemies, family, strangers, whoever is in proximity has to play British bulldogs with the nearest 50 people they can find. On the hour, every hour.

I'll never forget the day in primary 5 when it was banned from school and "Kiss, Cuddle or Torture" took its place. ;)

11. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Mmm. That game should have been renamed Torture, because the girls never wanted a kiss or a cuddle. Or was that just me? ;)

We replaced British Bulldogs with Roundheads and Cavilers. Not as much fun, admittedly.

12. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Isn't that a euphemism for who's circumcised or not?
    ;) (and NOBODY should post a poll on this theme! :biggrin:)

13. rikki

rikki Veteran

Nobody is not on the member list - at the moment ;)

14. magnatom

magnatom Guest

I honestly don't know! That's just the name we gave the game as kids. I assumed it was a national thing, but maybe not....

15. Renard

Renard Guest

I got a text to tell me that it is national winking day today. I bet all the winkers (sp?) are pleased.