Your Palmares

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
What have you ever won?

Mine isn't very impressive. I once got a tenner for third vet in a 'cross race and a medal for coming third on points in a TT league (this basically means I turned up regularly, even when the weather was shite)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I won the points trophy 2 seasons ago for the club 'Aussie pursuits' training sessions.
I'should add that these are handicapped events, and I'm one of the slowest... So here's how, it was a shitty summer and on really crappy Tuesday evenings at 1900 hrs there weren't many on the start-line. A few good spirited early season rides saw me in pole position. It speaks volumes looking down the names and points on the trophy that I won with about half the points of the other winners!
Still, my name IS there and I'm still very proud. It'll likely remain the only sporting trophy I've ever won.

Noodley

I have only ever 'raced' once a few weeks ago in a club TT and finished 10th out of 12 starters...I am claiming it as a top ten finish in a TT :smile:

Keith Oates

Janner
I race with the club in Manila and have won a few but it's all local stuff, although the fun of racing and winning still feels good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I know it doesn't count but I once won a running race in deepest Sussex called the Kicking Donkey Half Marafun. The prize was a tankard presented by Roger Dawtrey.

rich p said:
I know it doesn't count but I once won a running race in deepest Sussex called the Kicking Donkey Half Marafun. The prize was a tankard presented by Roger Dawtrey.

Is that when you were 'just a boy', Rich?

I won a national bowling (cricket, not bowls) competition, aged 13, at Lord's CG for over 200 promising cricketers in 1973. :smile:

Will1985

Über Member
1st in 2 club TTs, lots of club 2nd and 3rd places plus 2nd in a hill climb.

Also won £20 for 2nd in an open 10.

Does being fastest twice on CC velodrome timed laps count?!?!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Dayvo said:
Is that when you were 'just a boy', Rich?

I won a national bowling (cricket, not bowls) competition, aged 13, at Lord's CG for over 200 promising cricketers in 1973. :thumbsup:

Was that organised by Ted Dexter?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Dayvo said:
When Allan Border played for Essex he was amused and amazed too see that Keith Pont fielded at third man at both ends and cycled the distance around the boundary at the end of each over! :tongue:

Fabulous!

Top Bottom