Your roving reporter mondobongo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
:wacko: alecstilleyedye.

LOTT,Dave pics have now gone off to pictures ed at the Mirror and Express.

Dave5N

Über Member
mondobongo said:
:wacko: alecstilleyedye.

LOTT,Dave pics have now gone off to pictures ed at the Mirror and Express.

Good luck. Tell them if they print them we'll all buy a copy* - they can just sit back and watch their sales mushroom.

*except for the Express, obviously.

Noodley

The cyclists in your original link are a bit insensitive are they not? Celebrating with champagne as the ship flounders...:wacko:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I take it you're a Marillion fan (based on your Flickr name), mondobongo ?

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
No been in work all day, hope something more interesting than biccies wash up though. There is a fairly big exclusion zone set up now according to local radio.

Pete

This brings back vivid memories for me of the beaching of the Athena B in very similar circumstances at Brighton back in 1980. I was living in Hove at the time and I too dashed out to the beach - right next to the pier - as soon as I heard the news. Nothing much for us beachcombers on that occasion, though, the ship was laden solely with pumice IIRC. The anchor was salvaged and later planted on the promenade as a sort of monument: still there I believe. I may have some piccies of my own which I can salvage and scan in, I'll have a look...

Arch

Married to Night Train
If anyone wants to waste a bit of time (in my case, it could go on for days!) here's a site that monitors shipping. This is the Fleetwood page:

http://www.shipais.com/currentmap.php?map=Fleetwood

Hover the mouse over to get details of speed, destination, type.. She's 'moored' apparently..

Much more to see though, if you select the English Channel or some other area of your own preference. Just so many different sorts of ships!

Top Bottom