Your Scottish 3rd Division predictions (12-13 season)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toroddf

A new season is upon us and it will be a sizzler for the neutrals of us. Football always is. As a neutral, the Scottish 3rd Division is going to be the most interesting division in Scotland (and the rest of Great Britain).

BBC has a good article about the league setup this year. But just to make this a CC thread, here is the teams:

Annan Athletic
Berwick Rangers
Clyde
East Stirlingshire
Elgin
Glasgow Rangers
Montrose
Peterhead
Queen's Park
Stirling Albion

I predict a good season. For promotion though, I believe it will be between Peterhead and Annan Athletic this year.

What is your predictions ?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
:rofl:

Somehow I can't see the year-on-year promotions happening that 'gers would like. There are a few other clubs between their position now and SPL that have a say in it, and if playing them isn't enough to lift the opposition, what is?
The transfer embargo isn't going to help the cause much either. Would expect some decent gates for the other clubs though, which is always a welcome thing.

asterix

Comrade Member
I'm for the Blue Toon.

OP
OP
T

toroddf

Brechin vs Glasgow Rangers in the Ramsden Cup is being broadcasted direct on Alba TV (Freeview channel 8, the gaelic channel) this Sunday.

I am not so sure what we should replace Old Firm with this year. The Rab C Nesbitt trophy ? Both teams are from the south side of the town.

glasgowjim

Über Member
A new season is upon us and it will be a sizzler for the neutrals of us. Football always is. As a neutral, the Scottish 3rd Division is going to be the most interesting division in Scotland (and the rest of Great Britain).

BBC has a good article about the league setup this year. But just to make this a CC thread, here is the teams:

Annan Athletic
Berwick Rangers
Clyde
East Stirlingshire
Elgin
Glasgow Rangers No longer exist
Sevco - A new company who hope one day will be a football team.
Montrose
Peterhead
Queen's Park
Stirling Albion

I predict a good season. For promotion though, I believe it will be between Peterhead and Annan Athletic this year.

FTFY :rolleyes:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

Annan Athletic
Berwick Rangers
Clyde
East Stirlingshire
Elgin
Glasgow Rangers I Can't Believe It's Not Rangers FC
Montrose
Peterhead
Queen's Park
Stirling Albion

The club formerly known as Rangers have not yet been granted membership of the SFA, so don't count your chickens -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/27/rangers-time-runs-short

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Looks like they've got the SFA membership sorted just in time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19012042

As for the coming season, I guess a lot will be depending on the makeup of the squad. Now that they have somehow negotiated the transfer ban start to be delayed until September 1st, who know what might happen.

Mon the Well!

Top Bottom