You're going too fast!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
One of the hills I ride down I can do 35 if I'm not careful.I say that because theres a sharp bend at the bottom so its not wise to do it all the way. One day this summer I'm gliding down and check the speedo to see 31mph (no pedalling, its steep enough for that) and realise 1) theres a car right on my back wheel and 2) he decides to overtake me to turn left. :evil:

Yeah cheers for that you moron. I shouted "what speed am I doing!?";)

Plax

Guru
I must be very naughty/irresponsible/reckless* then as I have overtaken cars going down the Llanberis Pass before now (speed limit 60mph not that you can get anywhere near that even in a car or you'd wind up in the wall somewhere). I couldn't help it, the demon told me to do it.

*Delete as applicable

Plax said:
I couldn't help it, the demon told me to do it.

Likewise. I will never forget the shocked expressions of the blue-rinse ladies' conservative club outing (or that's what it looked like) on the Wallace Arnold coach as I overtook it down the hill into Sleights from Fylingdales moor

It was actually a daft thing to do but when you are 16 you are invincible (or so you believe)

viniga

Guru
There is a down-hill stretch on my commute (home) during which at three points I regulary break 30mph. At one of these points I have clocked 42mph.

Most of it is 30mph limit - so I am being bad. However it's not a busy pedestrianised area, it's straight and it's dual carriageway. So I always try to go as fast as I can (when I can) so I can break my record.

Most days cars will be overtaking me at 40mph + some days I can overtake the cars. I've only done it once and in retrospect it was foolish (and I am a grown man) thing to do.

Thinking back as to why I did it - I was annoyed because the car in front of me was going much slower than me and was blocking my path... :ohmy: oh the shame, even a cyclist can behave like a car driver! I did however give him plenty of room :sad:

Viniga

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Cab said:
Had a pedestrian do something infuriating a while ago. He looked at me as I was tootling along a road (sub 15mph, in no hurry at all), made eye contact, stepped out, I rang the bell, swerved to go behind him, he saw that and stepped back into my path forcing me to stop and berated me for going too fast.

I would have been sorely tempted to carry on going - and shoulder-barge him out of the way ... ;)

bauldbairn

XmisterIS said:
I would have been sorely tempted to carry on going - and shoulder-barge him out of the way ... :birthday:

+1, I'm affraid! :biggrin:

I live in a small Cul de Sac - and a new neighbour decided to step in front of me on purpose(he didn't recognise me on my bike because he always waves when I'm in my car). So I put the shoulder right through him.:smile: Then got off my bike to ask what the f*** did he think he was doing - great to see him go white as I took of my glasses/helmet and him realise who I was? Apparently he thought someone was taking a short cut through our CDS and he'd sort them out in front of his wife and daughter?:ohmy:
Unfortunately for him I'd recognised him from the estate I grew up on and knew he was a pr*** there too!
To make matters worse he's a cyclist?:ohmy:

Top Bottom