You're going too fast!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

I've had the "Get off the road" or "Wheres your road tax" heckles several times before but nobody has ever shouted at me to slow down before.

Old guy drives beside me with his window down yelling at me to slow down.
I stop wondering whats wrong
He then explains he's clocked me at nearly 20mph down this hill and thats far too fast for a bike on a wet road.

If I had known I might have let the fixie go instead of slowing it via the pedals and managed the stupidly crazy speed of 21mph!

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
RedBike said:
I've had the "Get off the road" or "Wheres your road tax" heckles several times before but nobody has ever shouted at me to slow down before.

Old guy drives beside me with his window down yelling at me to slow down.
I stop wondering whats wrong
He then explains he's clocked me at nearly 20mph down this hill and thats far too fast for a bike on a wet road.

If I had known I might have let the fixie go instead of slowing it via the pedals and managed the stupidly crazy speed of 21mph!

lol if that happened here we would be clocked at almost 50mph, but when you get to that kind of speed they dont tend to get close enough to tell you to slow down :biggrin:

Davidc

Guru
I've had that one!

Got shouted at by a moton's passenger yesterday, "oy you're doing 30 mph, slow down". I was so grateful for the advice that I put up fingers showing the initial letter of "Very good advice, thankyou very much".

bauldbairn

I got told to slow down by one of those electronic signs outside a school(it was night-time, the school closed and the sign had been left on) - I was chuffed! :smile:

Crankarm

Guru
bauldbairn said:
I got told to slow down by one of those electronic signs outside a school(it was night-time, the school closed and the sign had been left on) - I was chuffed! :smile:

But aren't they set to go off if any vehicle approaches what ever their speed :smile:?

bauldbairn

Crankarm said:
But aren't they set to go off if any vehicle approaches what ever their speed :smile:?

In Scotland they flash your speed in RED if it's too fast(with a sad face and SLOW DOWN) and GREEN if its below 30(with a happy smiley face). :smile:

For the record my speedo on my bike said 28mph. :smile:

You were obviously doing that most heinous of activities performed by those on two wheels and riding "like a bat out of hell"

THese 6 words would be cited as contributory negligence in the unfortunate event of an accident

Cab

Had a pedestrian do something infuriating a while ago. He looked at me as I was tootling along a road (sub 15mph, in no hurry at all), made eye contact, stepped out, I rang the bell, swerved to go behind him, he saw that and stepped back into my path forcing me to stop and berated me for going too fast.

The thing you have to remember is that in some peoples eyes we're pedestrians with wheels.

bauldbairn

Sheffield_Tiger said:
You were obviously doing that most heinous of activities performed by those on two wheels and riding "like a bat out of hell"

It's a straight road out of a local village(Carron) heading into the countryside on a slight decline. I always give it "big licks" by it at night(when the schools closed) - cause my next obstacle is a three mile gradual incline that cuts my speed in half. :smile:

Rhythm Thief said:
"Cycling furiously".:biggrin:

Absolutely - this is by no means an average speed! :biggrin: - :biggrin:

J4CKO

We have a sign on our office park that tells you your speed, 20 mph max, I try to set it off as fast as possible (when safe), managed 32 mph on the flat, I nearly puked with the effort (fully spammed up hybrid) but I think I suprised the drive sat on my back wheel.

Top Bottom