Is it too far?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there. Just returning back to cycling after a couple of years off (plus a replacement elbow in between!). Wanting to get back into it and start commuting (new bike arrived today) but did the mileage today in the car and it’s dead on 15 miles…I used to commute by bike and it was a comfortable 8.7 miles…not sure if it’s too far to start off with???

If the roads are decent, the terrain is manageable and the traffic not too heavy, it should be all right. But maybe, for the first few weeks, drive and park halfway, then ride the rest until your strength and stamina improve.

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Youngsters are so lazy these days. It wasn’t like that back in my day…
I don’t mind saying that I was a pretty fat, unfit kid…but I remember cycling for a whole day around the local area and running around playing games…never felt out of breath!

Hi there. Just returning back to cycling after a couple of years off (plus a replacement elbow in between!). Wanting to get back into it and start commuting (new bike arrived today) but did the mileage today in the car and it’s dead on 15 miles…I used to commute by bike and it was a comfortable 8.7 miles…not sure if it’s too far to start off with???
You survived !
Did your legs continue to go up and down once you got off the bike ? If not then the distance was just fine !

Top Bottom