You're not cycling in THAT?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grendel

Veteran
If I hear that phrase one more time! Yes, it's snowing, yes it's slippy, yes it's cold. But I'd rather be on my bike than stuck on a queue of people doing 3mph, or going nowhere because of drivers inability to drive in the snow.

dudi

I quite agree.
My wife whinges if I ride to work in the snow, but i'd much rather ride in that drive in.

it's faster, easier, cheaper and above all more fun!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
When its really bad I often find its quicker to walk, and thats saying something about the traffic more than the weather. :biggrin:

yenrod

I hate the 'it's gonna rain you know' - god this irritates the dam hell outta me: cause once it really did ! and I had a really crappy ride !...i told them NEVER to say it again...

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
sheddy said:
our postie was working in shorts on Christmas Eve - respect

Ours works in shorts the whole year round, even the -5 days.

I thought this was going to be a clothing thread. Mrs Stig always gives me grief when I use my dhb shorts (you're not cycling in them!!!). The fabric is worn rather badly in one area, and she maintains that if I get out of the saddle, she can see me winking. I thought she was over-egging it until someone asked me if I'd got engaged (I won't go into it, but the punchline was "I could clearly see your ring").

I'm going to have to replace them, aren't I?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I used to try and answer seriously with things like:-

you don't really notice the rain when you get going
the cycling keeps you warm
I've spent £'s on bikes and gear and I'm getting my moneys worth
the only weather problem is a strong headwind and it's only tiring
it's an outdoor activity why wouldn't I cycle in the rain?
cycling in heavy rain, with a hot shower and change waiting for you, is exhilirating

Now I just nod, smile and say, yeah, I must be crazy, seems to keep them happy:biggrin:

Norm

MacB said:
Now I just nod, smile and say, yeah, I must be crazy, seems to keep them happy:biggrin:
Try alternating it with "Well, I wouldn't want to drive in this weather..."

It helps convince them of your mental state but it does at least stop them asking again, just in case you are right. :laugh:

yashicamat

MacB said:
I used to try and answer seriously with things like:-

you don't really notice the rain when you get going
the cycling keeps you warm
I've spent £'s on bikes and gear and I'm getting my moneys worth
the only weather problem is a strong headwind and it's only tiring
it's an outdoor activity why wouldn't I cycle in the rain?
cycling in heavy rain, with a hot shower and change waiting for you, is exhilirating

I would cycle in heavy rain to work if it wasn't for the fact that the only shower is a "special needs" one and the highest shower head height is literally about 3.5' off the ground making it virtually impossible to shower if you're nearly 6ft.:laugh:

Top Bottom