YouTube privacy complaint process

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Apologies if this is the wrong forum, can't work out where to put it.

I received a privacy complaint against a video on my channel, I don't believe it violates the policy so I did nothing

I assume the person thinks that their license plate is a valid reason for a privacy request however the time stamp they submitted to youtube doesn't even show their vehicle let alone the license plate.

This was 6 days ago, the video is still up.

So does this mean YouTube rejected the complaint or could the video still be taken down?

Thanks

crazyjoe101

I'm not sure how this works. I've heard instances where the video's come off straight away and other instances where nothing at all has happened. One thing which is certain however, is that (assuming UK here) in the eyes of the law the privacy of the individual has not been infringed as long as the footage was taken in a public place, this as far as I recall has been confirmed by the UK Information Commissioner.
Are you able to contact YouTube about this or have you merely been sent a faceless automated message?

OP
OP
jarlrmai

jarlrmai

Veteran
I read it when the complaint came in, it says if you take it down in 48 hours they drop it, if not the investigate but it doesn't say what else happens or how long this takes.

crazyjoe101

It's probably going to get downed, depending on the content and your wishes I'd be happy to simply reupload on my channel lol. Out of interest would you mind linking the video?

Top Bottom