youtube rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stuee147

is it me or has youtube become rubbish over the last year or so...

iv noticed that most videos now have dam adds before them, and they all have them irritating bloody pop up boxes youo put a 3 min video on and you spend the first 2 min trying to cross out all the add boxes. then if you do manage to work out how to cross them all out you sit back to watch what's left of your video and more of the dam things pop up.
and if your trying to watch something thats say an hour long and you see little yellow lines in the progress bar get ready every time you get to a line you get the bloody adds pop up again for crying out loud enough is enough if i want add when im watching stuff ill put itv ch4 or ch5 i go on the net to get away from adds and now there there.
and then you have the idiots that think lets make a video and make the last 4 mins of the video a sign saying pleases like and subscribe to my channel. well if i like it i prob will subscribe but im not going to if all your videos have half there time just telling me to subscribe. if you want to ask the do so but 5 to 10 seconds is more than enough we dont need minuets of it :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:
sorry had to vent been one of them days lol

Most ads are only on for a short time and I never pay them any heed, and I have never watched a video with the pleading.

Cold Snail

Über Member
I haven't seen a video ad on Youtube on my home computer or phone at all (Firefox installed on Android with AB+).
I'm sure they will find a way around it (some sites don't allow access if ad-block is enabled), but for the moment it's working well.
Another added bonus is sites like Grooveshark, no interrupting ads when listening to full albums.

Cold Snail

Über Member
I guess I'm simply watching different clips where I don't notice them.
I do see them on my Playbook, but I rarely look at clips on it, preferring to watch them to the bigger screen.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
What's youtube?

zizou

Veteran
Adblock works for me too.

However youtube has made some changes in the last year or so which have IMO made the site worse - the linking to google+ accounts, changes to how comments are made and shown and also how a handful of videos / channels are over promoted at the expense of others. They should have enough data on my viewing habits by now to know i dont watch minecraft and other gamer videos!

Top Bottom