YouTube video issues on Apple

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Think that just means your iPad is running the best iOS it’s capable of. How old is it?
Can't remember but it must be at the very least 5 years old, very probably older.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Am I alone in finding that this issue has disappeared / been resolved? My iOS hasn’t changed and it doesn’t appear that XenForo on this site has been updated yet, but embedded YouTube videos seem to be working again. Good news.

Same here too.
I'm on an iPad on iOS 9.3.5 (when I check for updates it states that my ipad is up to date, the lying gits)
Apple as well as most devices will stop at a certain OS after a few years and the releases of multiple later models. They will no longer allow newer upgrades. The device engineering (hardware) can longer handle the heavier newer OS. So your older devices can function reasonably well but can't do much of latest swanky stuff.

This is how computing works from inception. My older iPad can't go further than 12.1.1 about 2 years ago. It was purchased in 2014. The latest version is 15.x

In all such cases the companies make an announcement about 6 months prior to expiry of OS support.

Am I alone in finding that this issue has disappeared / been resolved? My iOS hasn’t changed and it doesn’t appear that XenForo on this site has been updated yet, but embedded YouTube videos seem to be working again. Good news.
Just checked the chain and last week’s Friday night…

all good but one. Something certainly changed 👍

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Apple as well as most devices will stop at a certain OS after a few years and the releases of multiple later models. They will no longer allow newer upgrades. The device engineering (hardware) can longer handle the heavier newer OS. So your older devices can function reasonably well but can't do much of latest swanky stuff.

This is how computing works from inception. My older iPad can't go further than 12.1.1 about 2 years ago. It was purchased in 2014. The latest version is 15.x

In all such cases the companies make an announcement about 6 months prior to expiry of OS support.
Yes, I know all that really but it is all still very annoying.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
This is the sort of thing that drives a Luddite like me crazy.
There is no reason for it.

This is the sort of thing that drives a Luddite like me crazy.
There is no reason for it.
I disagree. It's a computer...

Top Bottom